NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
LCpl (Ret) McKnight

MRB Qualification Course

For the gun dudes in the group, who'd be up for recording us shooting a drill and scoring the target? Whoever has the most points wins. We each take a single cut unedited video of us running a pre-determined course of fire. Post the video in this thread. After all submissions are in, we can determine who won with the greatest amount of points. No rewards unless someone wants to contribute, just for shits and gigs. In clan fashion, I was thinking we can run the MEUSOC qualification course. There's carbine and handgun variants, and we can determine which we run according to who has what weapons available. If movement or rapid fire is prohibited at your range, we can figure something else out. Target can be a sheet of printer paper for the body and a 3x5 vertical index card for the head. The course can be shot with whatever you like. AR, AK, SIG, Beretta, Glock, etc. As long as the weapon meets the round requirement for each procedure.

Carbine
48OaQ76.png

Handgun

b5tYDAx.png

Edited by LCpl McKnight

I would love to do this, however finding a range that will allow you to move off the firing line is hard here if you don't own your own land (which I dont):(

17 minutes ago, Sgt Woods said:

I would love to do this, however finding a range that will allow you to move off the firing line is hard here if you don't own your own land (which I dont):(

Is there any public land near you? Lots of dudes go to Bureau of Land Management land to shoot / hunt, since it's public access. 

I believe Battalion HQ was working on this, I participate in the test group a couple weeks ago. Check with your CoC so they can reach higher echelons and ask about this. But if you want to do it fur fun, go for it, more training = less pain in the battlefield.

3 hours ago, Sgt Woods said:

Yeah the Red River

if it works for you and it's a safe place, that'd work bro

33 minutes ago, SSgt Hito said:

I believe Battalion HQ was working on this, I participate in the test group a couple weeks ago. Check with your CoC so they can reach higher echelons and ask about this. But if you want to do it fur fun, go for it, more training = less pain in the battlefield.

what was the general consensus there?

53 minutes ago, SSgt Hito said:

Sorry my mistake I understood that this was in game no in real life. 

Like i mentioned in the other post, Im down to attend. Right now i have only access to a pistol but the situation might change by the end of the month. What were you thinking for the deadline for the submission? And how do we know that people are not doing them as many times as it takes to get a good time? :D

Edited by HM2 Heikinheimo

2 hours ago, SSgt Hito said:

Sorry my mistake I understood that this was in game no in real life. 

lol it's all good brother, no worries

1 hour ago, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

Like i mentioned in the other post, Im down to attend. Right now i have only access to a pistol but the situation might change by the end of the month. What were you thinking for the deadline for the submission? And how do we know that people are not doing them as many times as it takes to get a good time? :D

oh shit, sounds like someone's making some big moves! what're you looking at getting? I didn't really have a deadline in mind (not yet atleast), we can figure that out once there's enough people up for doing this. But the course I posted above is scored off of hits rather than time. You have a par time for each procedure, like 10 seconds to do a controlled pair from the standing, then kneeling, and finally prone. So there's no real way to game the clock with this course of fire. You won't score any higher or lower if you finish the procedure faster / slower than someone else. 

There's actually a second evolution for both the carbine and pistol variants, in that evolution there's two targets instead of one. I can post that part up as well if y'all are game to do an evolution with one target then another with two targets.

Pending that everything goes well with the police next week, im looking at getting an ar-15. Bushmaster patrolman's carbine or a stag arms model 2T.

I meant that someone would just do em over as long as they think they've got the best score :D

39 minutes ago, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

Pending that everything goes well with the police next week, im looking at getting an ar-15. Bushmaster patrolman's carbine or a stag arms model 2T.

I meant that someone would just do em over as long as they think they've got the best score :D

personally I'd go with the Stag. Bushmaster has a shoddy reputation for quality control along with using proprietary parts , and they advertise "just as good as (insert high dollar brand here)". Stag has a much better reputation

But there's really no way to avoid something like that. If the individual runs the drill six times and has a great score in the end, good for them, they earned the score. I wasn't thinking of any restrictions other than the video must be a single cut so we know that someone didn't just hang a target, shoot it at 5 feet, then record them shooting elsewhere during the video. Use any equipment you like, any weapon system you want, etc etc. 

I've also heard the Bushmaster has had issues, mostly with ejecting and feeding the next round.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:54 AM, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

Wont have a rifle license for prolly another 4-5 months because byroslavia. So i can only do the pistol stuff for now, but i think the meu pistol qualf will be a good challenge in it self.

that fucking sucks bro. I'm definitely down for pistol though, it's a hell of a lot harder than a rifle.

Rifle, I will probably have a handgun in the next couple weeks but only a rifle for now.

Well I lied, I have a .22 handgun I could use if that's what you decide to go with

Edited by 1stLt Willard

I'd love to do this, but my range doesn't permit walking forward of the firing line without prior written permission and I doubt the board of directors would approve a request for this without organizing an actual event there.

I could go inna woods with my SKS, though. :P 

Got the pistol sighted in. Gonna do this over the easter. Stand by...

E: since i don't have a rifle, i will be using a notional rifle for the courses of fire that require one.

Edited by HM2 Heikinheimo

Shot the damn thing 3 times yesterday and fucked it up colossally with the camera each time. I'll try to get it done again before the weekend is out.

Things i learned:

-point the camera on your head down range and not at the area infront of you on the ground

-remove the water proof back plate so somebody can hear what the fuck im saying

-Eva foam works as a poor man's self sealing target. Spray glue makes everything better

-bring staples