NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt (Ret) Potter

Arma 3 2017 DLC's

Tanks:

T 14 Armada

Jets Include:

NATO: Modified FA 18

Stealth UAV

AAF: Modified Jas 39 Gripen

Im unsure on the CSAT ASF. Not familar enough with Russian ASF's , Looks to be a Modified Sukhoi Su-35S.

Malden Map DLC

Orange DLC seems to be Civilian additions, Mini campaign among other things.

Also Aircraft carrier maybe???

Edited by Sgt (Ret) Potter

A well produced video to be sure, and it is nice to hear that they have a roadmap for the entire year.

That said, I find it very hard to get remotely excited about all these new additions, as the only time I ever really play the game is with the unit mods active, which eliminates the need to use AAF/CSAT etc. I'm sure a lot of people will get a kick out of these new DLC packs, but I just don't play the game without mods enough to get much use out of them.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see some new large scale improvements to air. I wonder what the roadmap is for optimization with the new CPUs and GPUs. Multicore optimization is really becoming a need, not a want for the industry as a whole.

19 minutes ago, SSgt J. Patterson said:

Glad to see some new large scale improvements to air. I wonder what the roadmap is for optimization with the new CPUs and GPUs. Multicore optimization is really becoming a need, not a want for the industry as a whole.

Expect little and less on this front. Adding true multithreading to the engine requires basically rebuilding it from the ground up. It's not worth the time and effort to rebuild Real Virtuality when BI is actively developing Enfusion. By all accounts, Enfusion will have DX12 and/or Vulkan support (planned then canceled for ArmA 3, replaced with the "visual refresh" a few patches ago), and true multithreading/multi-core support.

So you can expect an Enfusion-equipped ArmA 4 to deliver on actual technical advances. ArmA 3 getting 64-bit compatibility is a bit of a miracle in and of itself.

1 hour ago, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

What is enfusion?

Enfusion is the new engine/renderer that BI has been working on since about 2014, in parallel with DayZ's development. I believe it debuted in DayZ 0.60, albeit in still experimental and incomplete form. Backporting it to ArmA 3 is more trouble than it's worth, so expect it to continue to be developed for DayZ, then used in ArmA 4. One of the Enfusion project goals is to decouple the renderer from the simulation, which should help server performance nicely--if it happens.

Here's a video from last year showing some of Enfusion's DX11 effects.

4 hours ago, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

Wonder when arma 4 is out...

OFP: CWC - 2001
ARMA - 2006
ARMA 2 - 2009
ARMA 2:OA - 2010
ARMA 3 - 2013
ARMA 3:APEX - 2016
ARMA 4 - 20__

If I had to fathom a guess I would say late 2018/early 2019

Edited by Cpl Cole

As a follow up, here's the DayZ developer video on Enfusion performance over Real Virtuality. This video is a year old. You can also see the visual rendering improvements, particularly to lighting. Enfusion basically doubles FPS over Real Virtuality with the same graphical settings. And since this is a year old, that neat little performance boost everyone has seen with vanilla ArmA 3 in 64-bit mode isn't factored in here.

23 hours ago, Cpl Cole said:

OFP: CWC - 2001
ARMA - 2006
ARMA 2 - 2009
ARMA 2:OA - 2010
ARMA 3 - 2013
ARMA 3:APEX - 2016
ARMA 4 - 20__

If I had to fathom a guess I would say late 2018/early 2019

Shieeet, thats just around the corner... And we were just getting our mods in order too.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this