NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Maj (Ret) Whitby

Some sad news to share.

Afternoon everybody,

Just wanted to share some sad news about a old friend in the 15th, Corium. We have found out today that yesterday he took his own life.
I knew Corium shortly after I joined the 15th and became good friends pretty early on, He had a great attitude to the unit at the time and just everything in General. I wanted to make this post to inform others here who knew him about this. 

We're currently awaiting more information from Starck who has spoke with Corium's wife and is currently on their to his house in Tennessee. So at this time there is little to say or do to help  

If you're religious hold a prayer for him and his wife, If you're not spare a thought for them. 

Just some of the ideas Corium came up with....

Once I know more I will inform you all. 

Regards,
Jacob Whitby

Corium and myself were in the same Recruit Class when I joined the 15th, and I've been playing on the recruiting server with him pretty much everytime, before and right after I joined the 15th. While we've never been as close as some other guys were to him, we've always had a great relationship and mutual respect. I'll always remember him as the funny guy, ironic as fuck, and one of the most loved fellas of that community. I was informed about this while I was at work, and it left me in shock for the rest of the day. This is indeed a sad day.

Thoughts and prayers to his wife and family. May you rest in peace.

Corium was a friend of mine way back when... Hadn't heard from him in a while, so I'm sad to hear about this. Prayers out to the family.

• Upvote 1

Corium was a dude who split opinions. He was one of those guys who regardless of the occasion went full ham with immersion all day every day. His high energy personality definitely lightened up any crowd.

Corium affected alot of guys and he will be remembered by all of them.

I made a post over in the 15th boards, but I will sum it up here. He was a great guy, and he could always make you laugh. He always got away with stuff simply because "It's Corium". Rest easy Corium

In his own words:  “The basis of friendship is not molestation.”  But he touched us all in many, many ways.  On the bright side, it was usually good touching.  He was an asshole, he was rude, he was disturbing, and he gave no fucks about anything but family, friends, and fun.  And we loved every minute of his bullshit.

For years, he made us laugh, gave us amazing stories and characters, and always managed to make us question our convictions and morals, whether they were just the beliefs of the characters we sent on adventures together, or the ideas we as people held onto the tightest.  He loved playing games, and we all loved making fun of every bit of each other.  

How can we describe the person most people know as Adam?  Well, to us, he wasn’t Adam.  He was Corium.  Actually, he was the Corium.  He could say anything, do anything, make fun of anyone, and he could get away with it all simply because “he’s Corium”.  Somehow, he could make any situation funny and memorable.  And he would be disappointed if he weren’t described in one word.

Moist.

He was always a friend when one was needed. Someone to talk to, to share ideas with, and to be there for you.  Of course you had to accept that he would make fun of it later, and would never let you forget the stupid shit you said, but that was the fucked up relationship we all had, and we never failed to make fun of him.  Breaking his back making a sandwich, breaking his back going to the bathroom, driving his car barefoot, and every time he would try to say something but fucked it up; we would be there with a joke, a pun, or just straight up laughing at him.  And let’s not forget the sounds he made when he took a Blow Pop or a pizza crust to the side of the head, delivered by his wife on our behalf.  We all knew what made each other tick, and we knew just how to push those buttons.  We couldn’t go more than five minutes without calling each other something horrible.  “You bitch!” was a favorite.  He was our brother, he was a husband, he was a son, he was a friend, he was anything and everything anyone needed him to be.  He lived to make people smile, and he was damn good at what he did.

So long, Adam, Corium, Vyk, Grog, Kharos, whoever you choose to be today.  We’ll miss you.

Click click.  Go fuck ya’self.

Words from Col Penny. 

• Upvote 5

The 15th will be hosting a memorial this Saturday at 1900CST, all are welcome. Lets show our faces. 

Attention All Hands,

This Saturday (22APR17) at 1900 CST we will be holding a memorial service in honor of our recently passed comrade Corium.

This will not be a long service, approximately 30 minutes, but all are invited (I understand this is the same time as the LED operation, but this is the time. No one will be punished for choosing to attend this service and be late to that operation, and LED will make accommodations if they do not choose to postpone their operation). You are encouraged to come and pay homage to our friend, but please do not feel required.

The service will be short and simple with a few short words by selected individuals followed by short military homage services.

This will be held on Altis, and will be minimal mods, using only:

CBA

TFAR

RHS AFRF

RHS USAF

Stock Mod F/A-18

This means no ACE or other 15th mods will be required. Members of the 506th IR and 3rd MRB will be invited and allowed to attend, thus the light mod requirement.

Again if you would like to come you are more than welcome, but please do not feel required. We are here to pay homage to our friend, not to force anything upon others.

-Col Penny

MEU CO

3d MRB Roster:

Maj Whitby
2ndLt G. Parker
Sgt Coburn
HM2 Heikinheimo
HMC Oelschlager
Cpl Melo
Cpl (Ret) Eagas
SgtMaj De Leo
HN J. Wolfe

Please let me know if you're attending beforehand so I can get a roster over to the 15th. 

I did not know Corium, but he seems to be the kind of guy I'd like to get to know, it is indeed sad to hear about such a loss to our community.

For that, I'd also like to pay my respects to someone whom you all hold in such high regard.

1 minute ago, Cpl (Ret) Eagas said:

Although retired, I am intending on attending.  

Awesome, Will you be attending under your retired status here? 

I will be happy to attend to show support to the community and pay respects to someone who was held dear by those around him.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this