NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
1stLt (Ret) R. Nelson

Easter Sunday

Expected Mission Length: 1 to 1 1/2 hours

Restrictions: No radio (except the RTO, who gets a long range); no GPS/Android device; no equipment that doesn't fit the time period

Medical: Due to there being only one (1) medic position, medical is kept a Basic. Personal medical kits are to include 1x tourniquet, 2x bandages, 1x Morphine. This is to simulate just small how a medical kit was carried on one's person, and how the emphasis for "Doc" is highly important. "Doc" should carry a high amount of medical supplies, and since he/she is the only one, might wish to not be in the open.

Mission Flow: Due to the relatively small map, and with the hope to make it feel larger than can be displayed (regarding keeping good frames), movement should be kept relatively to the OPORD; this will keep everyone in the action, keep frames high (due to not having to spawn a bajillion things everywhere), and so forth. If all goes right, you all should feel part of a much larger battlescape. 

Roster

Section Leader  (Garand, 1911): 1stLt Gluttony
RTO (.30 Carbine, radio): Sgt Coburn
Medic (.30 Carbine, medical supplies): HN Cummings

Squad One
Squad Leader (Thompson smg): Cpl Derr
Fire Team Leader (Garand): HM2 (FMF) Benson
Rifleman (Garand): HN J. Wolfe
Rifleman (Garand):Sgt Barraco
Rifleman (Garand): Sgt Grimm
Fire Team Leader (Garand): SSgt Kozak
Rifleman (Garand): Sgt Edwards
Rifleman (Garand): Cpl Melo
Rifleman (Garand):

Squad Two
Squad Leader (Thompson smg): Sgt Jennings
Fire Team Leader (Garand): Cpl Wendel
Rifleman (Garand):  HM3 Sokolowski
Rifleman (Garand): LCpl Bailey
Rifleman (Garand): 1stLt Dann
Fire Team Leader (Garand):
Rifleman (Garand):
Rifleman (Garand):
Rifleman (Garand):

Attached Elements
Light Machine Gunner (BAR): LCpl Seixeiro
Ammo man (.30 Carbine, BAR ammo): Sgt Specter

Anti-Armor Gunner (Bazooka, .30 Carbine): 2ndLt(T) Hess
Ammo Man (Bazooka Ammo, .30 Carbine):

This size composition is what the mission parameters are built around. It can flex a little high, by a few personnel (who would be basic rifleman), and can be flexed down, should too many people choose to spend time with family/friends, instead of Arma. If for some strange reason, too many people are interested, then I may hold two of these missions on Sunday.

OPORD 

H-Hour will be at 0630, though weather will not be ideal for the seaborne landing. 

Your section is to hit the beach, and to immediately find a way up the beachhead. To are you silence the battery emplacement there, to prevent it firing on currently landing troops, and to keep it from doing so with reinforcements. From there, if you manage to break through German lines, you need to take, and hold, the town of Le Bray. This town sits at a crossroads of reinforced paved roadways, that allow for quick travel of armor and heavily laden supply trucks. Holding this town will keep the Germans from being able to quickly reinforce their flanks, and will establish a strengthened position for deeper attacks into enemy lines.

czjEta2.jpg

Last-minute aerial surveillance shows a break in the Concertina wire within your prescribed landing zone. However, it is recommended you bring Bangalore torpedoes or other demolition devices, in order to try and clear a path of your choosing. 

Just up slope of the beach, is the battery and emplacement. After clearing the Germans of this position, you will need to destroy the artillery and gun pieces they have there, in case breaking through the lines, or a German retaking, were to happen. You may use thermite bombs, C-4, or any other makeshift explosive; or, mark the position with red smoke, and the RTO may radio up the location, and can be bombed from the air. 

LLQ3rCR.jpg

Le Bray is a relatively small town, but in an extremely important position. The main German force is likely to be held at the beach, so if you are able to successfully push through that line, you are unlikely to meet with heavy resistance. However, this town is just as important to the Germans, as it is to us, so don't expect it to be empty. If you are able to take and hold the crossroads, expect German counter-attacks from: West, South, and East. These attacks are unlikely to be too heavy, as the Germans will be heavily focused on the beach, or pushed back--if our boys break through their lines. Either way, dig in hard, and do not give up that town. 

njDChz7.jpg

The road highlighted is the most direct route to Le Bray, and one designated to your section. Your flanks are designated to others, and will ensure no friendly fire incidents occur. The road is St. Benoit Ave., though intel is unsure of its current marking with the German hold of the country has them re-naming things in a more German-centric manner. 

RTO: In this mission, the RTO will play an important role. The RTO may request fire support from naval batteries, aviation assistance, and other helpful assets. Due to the high risk/reward nature of the mission (heavily caliber weapons fire vs. no body armor), forward thinking of the section leader and RTO may drastically reduce casualties, and the like. Of course, these assets may or may not be available.

Prior to your landing, naval bombardment upon the beach will try and soften the entrenched enemy, as well as hopefully clear paths through the wiring. 

Reinforcements: Dying in this mission may very well happen, a lot. Hopefully not, but, plan for it. If a large group are KIA at the beach landing section of the mission, they will be reinserted via waterborne craft. If only small handful are KIA, they will be tactically reinserted to replicate them being reinforcements for the section. All reinforcements will be done in an immersive manner without turning the mission pace into molasses. All personnel will retain the billet in this. 

I do ask that people try and retain a sense of immersion as best they can. Hopefully, everyone will have fun. If so, and it turns into a pretty grand time, expect future WW2 missions.

Edited by 2ndLt R. Nelson

Signups in some fashion would be helpful for specific positions, as I don't want people spending more time trying to decide who is doing what, than we do in mission. Some sense of interest here, also allows me some forward planning, when it comes to enemy placement, and the like. This will ensure a hopefully hectic mission that's well balanced and fun. If you just show interest, but no specific billet, I'll just assume you want a Garand (rifleman).

Note that the mod seems to still be in a state of improvement, so there may be a few bugs here or there, but hopefully, not enough to diminish the fun. In my testing, everything held up. Template was made by Sgt Grimm, so you know the technical side of things is solid. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Coburn said:

I'd enjoy taking the RTO slot if at all possible.

Was that Hans Zimmer's Time in the background?

Yes it was.  I noticed it too. Nice usage. 

Unknown if I will be availble Sunday, but if I am I will gladly hop in as pretty much anything you need to fill out.

I'm glad someone else is doing a WWll op. I'd like the be the BAR gunner if you are still going to keep the attached elements, if not TL or standard rifleman would also be great.

anti-armor for me if possible

Edited by 2ndLt(T) Hess

Regretfully I need to unhype myself. My illness have escalated me into a non-funtioning heap. My apologies for the late notice.

Signing up most of 8310

Squad Two

Sgt Jennings, Squad Leader

Cpl Wendel Fireteam Leader

HM3 Sokolowski, Rifleman

LCpl Bailey, Rifleman