NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Cook

New Call Of Duty Game

Ladies and Gentlemen we have ourselves a new Call of duty Game coming soon heres the new trailer;

Edited by Sgt Cook

If they would just bug fix and graphically update World at War I'd much rather see that than this crap.

I just wish they would dare let us play some missions as Jerry. You can even replace all the Swastikas with Iron Crosses if you feel the need, just let me steamroll France once and I will be happy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Specter said:

D Day has been done to death...I'm sick of if.

It's been like 7+ years since a AAA developer touched the concept of WWII. D-Day is overdone because it's the most well-known naval invasion pretty unanimously. Developing a WWII game without D-Day is like eating plain toast. You gotta add the expected frills or it'll just leave you disappointed and with a dry mouth.

To my point, do you know how many people would be screaming "What? No D-Day?" if they showed a trailer without any semblance of a naval invasion whatsoever?

Ww2 was a lot larger than just D-Day. Don't get me wrong, it's an important historical moment, but there's so much depth thers to play with.

5 hours ago, SSgt Falconer said:

I just wish they would dare let us play some missions as Jerry. You can even replace all the Swastikas with Iron Crosses if you feel the need, just let me steamroll France once and I will be happy.

4 hours ago, Sgt Specter said:

Ww2 was a lot larger than just D-Day. Don't get me wrong, it's an important historical moment, but there's so much depth thers to play with.

Yeah, but if a develop dares to include stories about soldiers who aren't patriotic, white super heroes they're just being selling out for political correctness, amirite?

No kidding though, I'd kill for some stories that haven't been done to death. It's cool that I'm gonna be able to play a WW2 game in modern graphics, but I'd kill for a AAA video game about some of the undertold stories. African-American and Japanese-American would be amazing (could be Italian front too for extra pizzaz), a Chinese (the longest and one of the deadliest theaters of war in WW2) and/or Burma campaign would be great (it's only been done once AFAIK in an old Medal of Honor game), and a German campaign would be interesting too (as long as it is 1. from the Wermacht perspective (duh), and 2. it paid critical attention to the sensitivity of playing as the Germans. I'd be worried about downplaying the war crimes of the Wehrmacht in favor of a humanizing story). 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cpl Cole said:

Yeah, but if a develop dares to include stories about soldiers who aren't patriotic, white super heroes they're just being selling out for political correctness, amirite?

No kidding though, I'd kill for some stories that haven't been done to death. It's cool that I'm gonna be able to play a WW2 game in modern graphics, but I'd kill for a AAA video game about some of the undertold stories. African-American and Japanese-American would be amazing (could be Italian front too for extra pizzaz), a Chinese (the longest and one of the deadliest theaters of war in WW2) and/or Burma campaign would be great (it's only been done once AFAIK in an old Medal of Honor game), and a German campaign would be interesting too (as long as it is 1. from the Wermacht perspective (duh), and 2. it paid critical attention to the sensitivity of playing as the Germans. I'd be worried about downplaying the war crimes of the Wehrmacht in favor of a humanizing story). 

Wermacht game would be awesome if you see the struggles they go through, and the sheer humanity of the Germans. Don't downplay what they did, but make the player have to be broken inside when he feels for this character, but also realizes he should hate the character.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Maj Whitby said:

Next-gen D-Day that sold me right there. I don't care about the rest of the game haha

Honestly couldn't agree more. When I was younger, all of my favourite games and movies had these big, epic scenes from the D-Day landings. I honestly don't think any other scene in film or games gets the same reaction from me. 

All this game needs to do to earn my 40 quid is to have the Omaha beach landing with beautiful modern day graphics and gut busting 7.1 surround sound. If they pull that off, then I couldn't care less about the rest. I just want a gruff mid thirties American man to scream the word "BANGALORES" at me one more time. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Cpl Cole said:

I'd be worried about downplaying the war crimes of the Wehrmacht in favor of a humanizing story

Like all previous games downplayed Soviet warcrimes again pretty much everything/one they came across, or allied terror bombings of german civilians on a scale that makes the London Blitz (itself a warcrime ofcourse) look like a kid tossing some firecrackers around, or the American firebombing Japanese cites into ash.

We have seen so many renditions of D-Day that it has now gone on for longer than the actual D-Day. Variety is the spice of life, give us something new.

• Upvote 1

I'm so tired of WW2 games following 1st Army. I'm tired of Normandy, I'm tired of MARKET-GARDEN.

Is it too much to ask for some 3rd Army action? I want Patton, damnit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1stLt Ray said:

I'm so tired of WW2 games following 1st Army. I'm tired of Normandy, I'm tired of MARKET-GARDEN.

Is it too much to ask for some 3rd Army action? I want Patton, damnit.

Forces françaises libres would also be fun. You rarely ever see the perspective of France in WWII after the main capitulation

14 hours ago, HN J. Wolfe said:

Forces françaises libres would also be fun. You rarely ever see the perspective of France in WWII after the main capitulation

They did do it very well in Call of duty 3, the campaign for that was very unique and awesome.

10 hours ago, Maj Whitby said:

They did do it very well in Call of duty 3, the campaign for that was very unique and awesome.

Ah, never played that one. Dang, I might have to pick it up just to see for myself

Sign in to follow this