NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Markin

Maybe in our Modpack? :)

I don't believe RHS has a P320/XM17/M17. And there's no real time pressure to include it: the first M17s will be delivered to the 101st Airborne at the end of 2017.

I though Raiders were issued M45s as standard, did that change somewhere along the line?

10 hours ago, HN J. Wolfe said:

I though Raiders were issued M45s as standard, did that change somewhere along the line?

All four primary branches of the US Armed Forces are adopting the M17. The Marines are buying 35,000. It's unknown if that's for conventional Marine forces only (replacing the M1911A1, M9, etc.) or also includes MARSOC.

For now, we don't really have an accurate M45 pistol, so I guess strict immersion dictates the M9 as the closest approximate representation, while the more practical minded would probably take the Custom Covert II as it's the only pistol in the arsenal with a suppressor.

There Is A Suppressor For The Glock, but it is only available with a full arseal. Not sure why we have have not added those to our arsenal, unless others are not aware either

39 minutes ago, 1stLt Ray said:

All four primary branches of the US Armed Forces are adopting the M17. The Marines are buying 35,000. It's unknown if that's for conventional Marine forces only (replacing the M1911A1, M9, etc.) or also includes MARSOC.

For now, we don't really have an accurate M45 pistol, so I guess strict immersion dictates the M9 as the closest approximate representation, while the more practical minded would probably take the Custom Covert II as it's the only pistol in the arsenal with a suppressor.

It's also worth noting that MARSOC operators typically prefer and choose the Glock 17 over the M45

Edited by HM2 (FMF) Truscott

3 hours ago, HM2 (FMF) Truscott said:

It's also worth noting that MARSOC operators typically prefer and choose the Glock 17 over the M45

9mm master race shows supreme

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LCpl McKnight said:

9mm master race shows supreme

It really is a great calibre. All them home defence junkies will go on and on about "stopping power", but there's a reason why the SEALs used the SIGs in 9mm for so long, and when they switched to a new service pistol it was still a 9mm (Glock 19).

Yah, the Glock is the preferred MARSOC pistol. We really should have a suppressor for it in our box. 

I looked at the M27 IAR in our box, and its a bit off. By default it weighs 5 kilograms, but an empty IAR weighs 9lbs. So its a bit heavier than the actual gun. Also it for some reason is less accurate than the HK416, which is what an IAR is.

Eh. RHS mods will be RHS.

I think the Glock with a suppressor is more important to milsim.

2 hours ago, LCpl Markin said:

Yah, the Glock is the preferred MARSOC pistol. We really should have a suppressor for it in our box. 

I looked at the M27 IAR in our box, and its a bit off. By default it weighs 5 kilograms, but an empty IAR weighs 9lbs. So its a bit heavier than the actual gun. Also it for some reason is less accurate than the HK416, which is what an IAR is.

Eh. RHS mods will be RHS.

I think the Glock with a suppressor is more important to milsim.

I'd just like to note that a pistol is a sidearm/pdw and should not be the first option, thus a suppressor for one is situational at best and useless at worst. I'm not saying we shouldn't have them though.

10 hours ago, HM2 (FMF) Truscott said:

It really is a great calibre. All them home defence junkies will go on and on about "stopping power", but there's a reason why the SEALs used the SIGs in 9mm for so long, and when they switched to a new service pistol it was still a 9mm (Glock 19).

word. with modern day hollow points, there really isn't a reason to choose .45 ACP over 9mm (although a 1911 in anything but .45 is still blasphemy). AR platforms are GOAT for home defense.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2017 at 1:43 AM, HN J. Wolfe said:

On 5/23/2017 at 0:41 PM, HM2 (FMF) Truscott said:

The Glock 19 is pretty much the standard in not only MARSOC, but most SOCOM units right now.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/marines-opt-for-9mm-over-45-caliber-pistols-for-special-operators

https://kitup.military.com/2016/10/marsoc-chooses-glock-19s-45s-raiders.html

The SEAL's even replaced their SIG P226's with the Glock 19.

https://sofrep.com/47496/47496/

Unfortunately RHS only has a 17, but it's pretty much as close as you can get right now without adding the Glock 19 from the RH pistol pack.

Edited by LCpl Steel

Sign in to follow this