NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Koch

Campaign Prequel

Stuff  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What day fits best?

As mentioned in my Fun Campaign thread, I wanted to do a little prequel to the campaign itself. While more details will be revealed soon, we will be playing Chernarussian forces in this prequel. Most of what is going to happen will, however, be revealed in the mission itself as a briefing. The date and time has not been determined yet, so there's a poll in this thread for choosing what kind of day would suit you best! It is very likely this event will be hosted in mid-October somewhere so I have time to finalize the modpack + mission + story details.

Some of the things that happen in this mission may make an impact in the overall campaign later on. It is going to be very story and player driven, with me pushing it along slightly in the direction it should ideally be going.

As for signups:

HQ

Commander: 1stLt Koch

1st Squad

Squad Lead: Capt Makowski

Squad Medic: HM2 (FMF) Williams

FTL: SSgt Kozak

Rifleman: SSgt Grimm

Automatic Rifleman: 

Assistant Automatic Rifleman: HN Tahl

FTL: GySgt Falconer

Rifleman: Cpl Gwynne

Automatic Rifleman: LCpl Cooper

Assistant Automatic Rifleman: LCpl Johnson

2nd Squad

Squad Lead: SSgt Derr

Squad Medic: GySgt Cole

FTL: Cpl Jones

Rifleman: CW3 Whelan

Automatic Rifleman: LCpl Oliver

Assistant Automatic Rifleman: SSgt Edwards

FTL: SSgt Hawkins

Rifleman: LCpl Van Dyke

Automatic Rifleman: 

Assistant Automatic Rifleman: 

There will be a lot of dying (possibly), and this will be a bit more hardcore than we're used to. Remember, this is also a testing arena for mods that maybe one day I will propose to the unit (within reason, not Zombie stuff). It is very possible we will be locked to first person - the only reason for this is that some of the enemies we may be fighting have no particularly good ranged weapons, so being able to see them in third person is fairly unfair. Hope you guys are OK with that.

The modpack and more story details will be released later in the form of an OPORD in this thread. Feel free to sign up until then! We don't necessarily need two squads, but I made two anyway.

1st Squad/1st Fireteam/Auto Rifleman requesting @2000 Eastern or later for OP time.

Edited by LCpl M. Edwards

Note: this will be set on Malden due to some issues with the map I was originally planning on using. Unless we decide to do something different, this will be late October as we have a 5th weekend then - or it may still be mid-October sometime. 

Hey guys, quick update: waiting for an update from work on some scheduling in the next few weekends, then I'll be opening a poll to decide the date.

Sign in to follow this