NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Capt (Ret) Kardnal

OPERATION SEA SWORD

Operation Sea Sword
Top Secret

Well I've been doing some fun ops lately for the unit and I figured, why not make them into a full blown campaign. I'm not going to host these with any extra mods. I'm using this as a way to really get people to understand just how much we have in our modpacks right now. We have a shitton of content, and I'm not afraid to use it. :) I'm not going to host this on weekends, or attempt to derail anyone's trainings, let alone my own classes/trainings, so I'm going to be hosting these on tuesdays, wednesdays, and fridays, time permitting. Of course, y'all can message me if you'd like to participate, but simply can't attend the time, in which I can always move it to accomodate for the others. After all, I'm making these for y'all. It's fun enough for me to zeus, but even more fun when I can get people excited about playing "the next episode". Speaking of episodes, these operations will be held in Parts, or Episodes (Stages?). Right now, we're on Part 3 of OP Sea Sword, held on the map of Malden 2035. I really like Malden.. Kinda. Most of it. Not the most exciting nor the largest map, but hey, I think its a beautiful island with good qualities. So, without further adieu, let's get into the op, shall we?:

Setting the stage:
08NOV2017 2000

MAP: Malden 2035
Elapsed Time: T+2 DAYS SINCE OPERATION START
OPFOR: Russian VMF/VDV/VPVO
BLUFOR: Marsoc 3d MRB, 15th MEU (Simulated) , 2nd MAW , 160th SOAR

Backstory: The coastal island of Malden exists within a critical zone of tactical air support and response, allowing Russian rotary and fixed-wing forces to depart swiftly from the island to support ground troops on the nearby continental theatres. The emplacement of Russian forces on this region has been heavy, and the first key to digging Ivan from his trench would be to remove this island's defenses, piece by piece. We've sent you, a highly-skilled MSOT in the cover of naval bombardment on the island to unsettle Ivan. We want you to be the boogeyman, to keep the Russians on their toes. Supply convoys, AA positions, even fortifications are forfeit to you. You will be tasked with a set of objectives, and these objectives are vital to be completed. Expect support from a Marine Expeditionary Unit, as well as their personal air wing attachment, to aid you in large-scale distractions and fire support, but these missions will be largely independent from any large invasion force. Make no mistake, underestimating Russian response times to your actions will be the death of you, and we will have no QRF to assist you in time for any callouts to T-90s rolling in on your Pos. We have a naval unit in the area, thanks to your efforts in removing the Russian anti-naval batteries on the shoreline. The USS Minneapolis has six cannons and twelve tubes ready to level the playing field, should you decide to call her in. Your marine contact on the dirt will be Captain Black, in charge of upkeeping FOP Spades. Spades will be your operations center from this point on. We've supplied it with all the equipment, explosives, and AT that you can use for your operations, and will be supplying vehicles for your insertions. These insertions will be largely up to you, whether it be HELOCAST, Dive, Land, or Fastroping. We entrust in your MSOT's intuition and experience to make the right choices in the field. Go get them, Pirates.

MSOT "Pirate"

• MSOT HQ
    Team Lead: OPEN
    Team Chief: Cpl Carter
    Team SARC: SSgt Bingham
    Team Communications Chief: SSgt Specter
  • Element 1 "Pirate 1"
    Element Lead: OPEN
    Assistant Element Lead: Cpl Jones
    CSO: Capt Koch
    CSO: SSgt Edwards
    Element SARC: LCpl Cooper
  • Element 2 "Pirate 2"
    Element Lead: OPEN
    Assistant Element Lead: OPEN
    CSO: OPEN
    CSO: OPEN
    Element SARC: OPEN

Supporting Asset:
    Pilot: CW3 Whelan
    Pilot: OPEN
    (Mindful of the supporting name. There will be supportive tasking, but this is going to be an infantry-centric episode)
    PART 3:

INTEL:

We have information regarding the failed MEU assault on the VMF shore-fortifications. Some of the MEU were taken as prisoners and transported by ferry to the southeastern fort. They're being held within the island's compounds, and since we can't risk the lives of aviators or any more units to locate the Marines, we're sending you a tasking to infiltrate the island's eastern side. Our scans tell us that the island isn't surrounded by tidal scanners on the eastern end, so the water will be blind game for you. Use the water correctly, and they'll never see you coming. Once in, we need you to locate a Russian officer by the name of Lieutenant Egorov. He's known as "The Cleaver", torturing prisoners for information and often slaughtering them without much of a second thought. He's killed every spy the brass sent in, and we don't have much better hope for our marines. He's supposedly holed up on the eastern side of the island, away from Fort Glaskau. I'd make a heavy note that this is an extremely fortified position. We aren't going to attempt a landing unless something in the status quo changes, and that change is going to have to come from you. If I had any guess, I'd say he was trying to keep his little hobby away from higher eyes. Get to him, get any intel he has, and get our boys home. If you happen to capture him alive and extract him, I'm sure we can make solid use of the intel he has. An eye for an eye, raiders.

17efe6b8735f2ecbe65f38d1ffb512d4.jpg
    If you've read all this and wish to join, thank you! Post your desired position below, or just fill in when the operation comes about. 

MISSION COMPLETE: PART 3.

Summary: Lt. Egorov captured by Marsoc forces. Rescued 3x Marines of the 15th MEU Alpha Company. Recovered maps, logistics cards, and information regarding "TF332". Egorov was uncooperative in discerning the nature of this intel, but luckily the decryption keys on the SD cards gave us enough of a scratch-off to understand what the Russians are up to: Malden isn't about air superiority. They're using former civilian towns and positions on the island as training facilities for a group of enhanced special forces soldiers. These soldiers are well into service, it seems, but that doesn't give us any incentive to not hunt them down and learn what we can from their corpses. We'll be tracking their movements by satellite from now on, and hopefully we can intervene before this task force can make it off-island and into a rabbit-hole. This trench just got a whole lot messier. There must be something in Fort Glaskau that can tell us what's going on. Raiders, we're going to need your help. Standby for tasking. . . .

Edited by Sgt Kardnal
Roster
  • Upvote 1