NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
CW3 (Ret) Jennings

The 1986 Libya Air Campaign (First Mission @ 17-JAN-18, 1900)

Mission I time  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Available mission times, multiple votes are allowed so please vote for the options that suit your timezone & availability hours

• 10-JAN-18, 1900 Normal OP time
    • 11-JAN-18, 1900 Normal OP time
    • 12-JAN-18, 1900 Normal OP time
    • 17-JAN-18, 1900 Normal OP time

lMu8Jpa.png

The 1986 United States bombing of Libya, code-named Operation El Dorado Canyon, comprised air strikes by the United States against Libya on Tuesday, 15 April 1986. The attack was carried out by the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps via air strikes, in retaliation for the 1986 West Berlin discotheque bombing. There were 40 reported Libyan casualties, and one U.S. plane was shot down. Only a week after Operation El Dorado Canyon, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi ordered a SCUD attack against the US Coast Guard base on the island of Lampedusa, killing twelve Coast Guard personnel. President Reagan ordered the immediate return of USS Saratoga's group to the coast of Libya with Carrier Air Wing 7 on board. 

This mission is going to be a fixed-wing aerial campaign situated over the skies of Libya. The historical facts were slightly altered to fit the purposes of the fun mission. 

Required mods:

- Standard 3d Modpack

1986 Libya Modpack

POOK SAM (Steam Workshop)

POOK Camo Nets (Steam Workshop)

HAFM Navy (Steam Workshop)

Mod Order -

—————

Mission I: First Wind

17-JAN-18, 1900

vgUGY4f.png

The Carrier Strike Group has moved into position and is accompanied by the 22nd MEU and VMA-211. Carrier Air Wing 7's VF-84 and VMA-211 will be tasked with executing missions over the area of operations in and around Bin Jawad. Colonel Gaddafi is moving his troops from Tripoli to reinforce Benghazi from an impending maritime invasion. There is a large enemy contingent moving through the Arab Unity Highway and we plan to strike them around the area of Bin Jawad, as to prevent them from reaching Benghazi. There are is a single enemy held airfield in the far reaches of the AO housing a sizeable amount of enemy air superiority fighters, bombers, electronic warfare and anti-ship planes. Further details regarding the first assignment will be discussed in the field, before chalks are off.

Roster:

Zeus I

1stLt Jennings

Zeus II

VACANT

Zeus III
VACANT

US Navy (F-14A)

VF-84 "Jolly Rogers"

A Flight

Pirate 101

Flight Commander & Pilot

1stLt Pepperman

Radar Intercept Officer

2ndLt Specter

Pirate 102

Pilot

2ndLt McKnight

Radar Intercept Officer

VACANT

Pirate 103

Pilot

2ndLt Chase

Radar Intercept Officer

2ndLt Pulliam

Pirate 104

Pilot
2ndLt DelPercio

Radar Intercept Officer

2ndLt Turk

US Navy (E-2 Hawkeye)

VAW-121 "Bluetails"

Eyespy 88

Aircraft Commander & Pilot

AI

Copilot

AI

Radar System Operator

AI

USMC ACE (AV-8B Harrier II)

VMA-211 "Wake Island Avengers"

A Flight

Avenger 101

Flight Commander & Pilot

MAJ Brueske

Avenger 102

Pilot

2ndLt Yildirir

Avenger 103

Pilot

2ndLt Kardinal

Avenger 104

Pilot

Capt Koch

Avenger 105

Pilot

2ndLt Cooper

* The time is not set in stone and can be changed if people cannot make the date, the VF-84 squadron is flying F-14s as air superiority fighters, whereas the AV-8Bs will be used for radar suppression and ground attack. The E-2 position does not have to be filled and is only for people that want to do player-led AWACS. If not, an AI will crew. The Flight Commander positions will be given to people with leadership experience or some experience with flying, the other spots can be crewed by anyone. Briefings and loadouts will be arranged in-game.

—————

Edited by 1stLt Jennings
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1stLt Pepperman said:

>Not doing a Rhodesian fun op

b8d.png

Did it before, cannot find all the mods. We used a fuckton of random mods + Unsung. Maybe some other time.

29cb8f6cc9.png

d20fa25454.png

bf8f1da9f5.png

4 minutes ago, SSgt Specter said:

Can I fly the F-69 Tom Cruise?

Only if you end up like Goose 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1stLt Pepperman said:

If you want a 101 on how to fly a jet  before the fun op, hit me up. 

sounds good

I won’t claim a spot as more than likely I won’t be able to show, but I’m willing to go anywhere.

Mods will be posted by the end of today, and the mission will be held on the 17-JAN-18 at 1900 hours. If there are a few more interested people, we will increase the number of aircraft and up the difficulty accordingly.

Sign in to follow this