NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
1stLt (Ret) Livingston

3d MRB Music Thread

Again, I know what you're all thinking. How can a sovereign principality  6.71282193298  times smaller than Rhode Island know anything about metal? Well, let me educate you a little, my xenophobic friend. Just because Andorra's entire population--as of 2014 estimate--is barely larger than the United State's Coast Guard roster of available personnel, doesn't mean they have the cold-hearted brutality of of a Scandinavian when it comes to this stuff. Sure, maybe their music is a little more melodic, and a bit progressive, but that doesn't mean they can't work in some chuggy drop-tuned guitars. Don't believe me?

Greetings, my fellow Americans, greetings.

Like you, I often wondered what America's top hat was truly good for. Sure, they held the great glacial cold at bay, but of what real use could they have? O', sweet America, I too remember when Canada fielded their experimental combat mounted moose patrols.

XhHNZnS.jpg

Great America, I know as of late, all Canada has shown for herself, are the Justin Bieber's of the music world. Like you, I was revolted that our neighboring country would allow such monstrosity to seep into these great lands. My America, I have walked among the people of that noble nation. I have seen the hatred in their hearts, and the vileness of their souls. The Canadian is much like the mighty and awesome maple tree, when autumn turns to winter, and the sap begins to run--to find the true brutality of the Canadian, one must simply tap it. 

Great and Mighty America, lend me your ears, and learn of our Northern brethren. Learn why England cast them to such savage lands. Learn what the crown so feared. My America, let us join with our fellows of the Great White North, and unify under the shared banner of musical brutality!

• Upvote 2

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎17 at 6:00 PM, 2ndLt R. Nelson said:

Greetings, my fellow Americans, greetings.

Like you, I often wondered what America's top hat was truly good for. Sure, they held the great glacial cold at bay, but of what real use could they have? O', sweet America, I too remember when Canada fielded their experimental combat mounted moose patrols.

XhHNZnS.jpg

Great America, I know as of late, all Canada has shown for herself, are the Justin Bieber's of the music world. Like you, I was revolted that our neighboring country would allow such monstrosity to seep into these great lands. My America, I have walked among the people of that noble nation. I have seen the hatred in their hearts, and the vileness of their souls. The Canadian is much like the mighty and awesome maple tree, when autumn turns to winter, and the sap begins to run--to find the true brutality of the Canadian, one must simply tap it. 

Great and Mighty America, lend me your ears, and learn of our Northern brethren. Learn why England cast them to such savage lands. Learn what the crown so feared. My America, let us join with our fellows of the Great White North, and unify under the shared banner of musical brutality!

I simply love the fact that there is such a thing as "Rome metal" The world is a slightly better place because if this fact.

I know what you're all thinking. I thought it too. Austria? Really? 

Well, when you think of Austria, what comes to mind? The Habsburgs? Austria-Prussian dualism? Their bullying of Bosnian and Serbs? The country's divvying up post-WW2? The acceptance of the Euro in the mid-90's? 

Well, with all this history lesson, who'd have thought Austria would be pushing the boundaries of future? Futurepop, that is!

Ease up on the reins there, buckaroo. No need to keep 'er at a gallop. I know what's on your pondering mind. They lost a war to emu (look it up). The mighty British Empire, found it a place no better, than to create a convict colony. Kangaroo? Yup. Wussy European clamp-down on a motorcycle's CC rating? You betcha. Now h-what in tarnation can that there place be good for,  you say. Well, settle in for this rodeo. It turns out that slab of wasteland is actually good for somethin'. Those that survived and subjugated, they grew up meaner than a rattler. In today's pansy-ass society, they can't go on crime-sprees that's in their blood. No. No sir they can't. So, they turn it to music. Talkin' about them damned Aussies, if'n you haven't caught on by now, city slicker. 

Ever wondered where Severndust went off to? Turns our their spirit went down unda', and found with it more brutality and groove. 

Now, that's some fancy music, you might be thinkin'. Well. Yes. Yes it is. To show just how good they are, here's another sampling. 

Next time anyone not globally conscious tries to tell ya Australia's full of jokes, you'll know of at least one thing that ain't. Aw'right, time to get a move on li'l doggie. 

Sign in to follow this