NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT

lee-ermy.jpg?quality=95

Afternoon gents,

Just in case you didn't know

As of this Sunday, April 15, 2018

Ronald Lee Ermey has come to rest with his brothers

Cause of Death has been confirmed as complications from Pneumonia

Born on Friday, March 24, 1944, in Emporia, Kansas, U. S.

American Actor

Voice Actor

Father of four children

Years of military service 1961-1972

Highest rank achieved Gunnery Sergeant

Obviously nicknamed The Gunny

Here are some quotes 

******[WARNING]WORDS THAT ARE GRAYED OUT MAYBE OFFENSIVE[WARNING]****** 

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: [addressing the Privates] There will be no racial bigotry here!

I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops, or greasers! Here, you are ALL equally useless!

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I will give you three seconds, exactly three fucking seconds, to wipe that stupid grin off your face, or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!

Private Joker/Private J.T. Davis: [Delivered in unison with his fellow soldiers] This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God, I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Edited by Cpl Herrick
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

He probably passed a couple of days ago, but Death wanted to make sure he wasn't just sleeping.

should we do a 3dmrb movie night and play some of the best from Ermey?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Grew up watching Mail Call, part of the reason why I'm a history and military buff. Requiescat in pace.

• Upvote 4

"But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means you live forever." -R. Lee Ermey

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Capt Makowski said:

Next Friday night fights dedicated to him?

That's...not what Friday Night Fights is..

5 minutes ago, GySgt Specter said:

That's...not what Friday Night Fights is..

Technically, the Gomer Pyle bathroom scene is.

7 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

Technically, the Gomer Pyle bathroom scene is.

We'd show that on Saturday Night Cinema, where we watch movie clips. This ain't my first rodeo.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1