NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
GySgt Cole

Bourbon Suggestions

Hey all,

As a self identified little bitch, I'm mostly a drinker of clear liquor. With Derby Day this weekend I've decided I need some bourbon in my life, and frankly I know nothing about bourbon. Looking for some casual suggestions, if I go to the packie with nothing in mind I'll probably end up with a bottle of Jim Beam and I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing.
Also down for whiskey suggestions in general, as again, not my area of alcoholic expertise. 

Bulleit Orange label is awesome, I can drink it all day.

Jack Daniels and Jim Beam suck ass like bud light sucks ass at being beer.

Edited by 1stLt Kardnal
  • Thanks 1

Monkey shoulder is a good one, as is wild turkey, but personally I’d recommend makers mark.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CW4 Whelan said:

Monkey shoulder is a good one, as is wild turkey, but personally I’d recommend makers mark.

Makers Mark 46 (or is it 48?) is real good.

• Thanks 1

Counter opinion that makers mark is also pretty bad, but being in the south kinda spoils me for choice, so try em all and go with your gut I guess. Oh,

"STOLEN" products have a smoked rum and a smoke rye that can really take the place of a bourbon if you're looking for a pairing or a mixer. I have a bottle of STOLEN Smoked Rum in my pantry right next to my Bulleit for how interchangeable they are. Sure, can't replace bourbon but the smoked rum comes real close to it and for $18 a bottle you can't go wrong. And yes, the company is called STOLEN

• Thanks 1

You could just start smoking pot. Makers has always been my affordable bourbon of choice. Kardnal’s suggestion of Bullit is also great. If I’m being honest I have always been more of a scotch guy. A nice McCallin or a Glenlevit usually does me right with a cigar. Johnnie Walker is great too and I have had almost all of their production runs.

Edited by SSgt Derr
Words r hard
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I think Maker's Mark will be my first try. I definitely want to try some good scotch eventually too. I've been really enjoying building out a home bar.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SSgt Derr said:

You could just start smoking pot. Makers has always been my affordable bourbon of choice. Kardnal’s suggestion of Bullit is also great. If I’m being honest I have always been more of a scotch guy. A nice McCallin or a Glenlevit usually does me right with a cigar. Johnnie Walker is great too and I have had almost all of their production runs.

Not a fan of Johnnie Walker.

Recommendations of Ella Boardman: Bartender.

Wild Turkey is poop

Maker's is fine

Monkey Shoulder is good

Knob Creek Rye or Bulliet Rye are excellent

Jameson Black Barrel is very good...but it's a whiskey.

Also Herradura has a Black Barrel aged in Whiskey barrels and it's amazing because tequila > bourbon :D

And Don Julio 1942 is the best of all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its not that i dont like tequila. I just dont agree with the college notion that tequila > bourbon. theyre two totally different spirits lol

• Thanks 1

last time I had tequila I had to do it with a mustard chaser

you should all try it

it’s good trust me

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CW4 Whelan said:

last time I had tequila I had to do it with a mustard chaser

you should all try it

it’s good trust me

go back to drinking

10 minutes ago, Capt Koch said:

go back to drinking

drinkibg is what got me into that mess 

On 5/4/2018 at 11:41 PM, 1stLt Kardnal said:

Its not that i dont like tequila. I just dont agree with the college notion that tequila > bourbon. theyre two totally different spirits lol

My opinion is not a college notion, turd :P 

• Haha 4

On 5/4/2018 at 11:41 PM, 1stLt Kardnal said:

Can I get a new team leader?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maj Makowski said:

This is why you drink vodka.. Vodka makes friends.. Bourbon makes open billets.

At LARP events, liquor becomes currency. It gains value the longer an event is. Whipped cream vodka may as well be worth it's weight in gold.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this