NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
SSgt (Ret) Miles

New Steam Chat Interface

Looks like the rest of it will be released before January, they are officially cutting XP and Vista support cos of this

8 minutes ago, Capt (Ret) Koch said:

Looks like the rest of it will be released before January, they are officially cutting XP and Vista support cos of this

It's about time.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MSgt Wolfe said:

I'm So lost O_O I'm to old for this shit.  

You're too old for steam to begin with, I don't see you coping with this

• Haha 1

It's really fluid and sleek. If the UI redesign is this good, I guess I won't need a steam skin anymore.

Does anyone else dislike the new notification sound? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 2ndLt Wauben said:

yall use a steam skin? wut? I remember the good old days of this....usEEymU.png

Oh yeah. I can't stand the default look of steam, so I've been using Metro for years.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://metroforsteam.com/

Not my picture, and not the most recent update to it, but it makes it so much nicer. Also allows customization of highlight colors, background images (like the steam logo in the image), and even font.

Edited by SSgt Jones
  • Like 1

The question is, are any third party skins compatible with the new beta? I doubt it, it's too soon for them to have updated.

4 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

The question is, are any third party skins compatible with the new beta? I doubt it, it's too soon for them to have updated.

Having Metro on while using the beta made the chat windows open for only a brief second before closing. It was working perfectly fine earlier (albeit with awful graphical issues on the main client as Steam was overriding certain parts of it). From what I've read on the group page for Metro, the primary developer is thinking this is the end of Steam skins for a time as it no longer uses VGUI, but Panorama (which is Valve's take on some HTML5/CSS stuff?). It would also seem that even though it's edited through CSS, the files will be replaced with default files each update which makes it impossible to maintain the skin.

This is mainly speculation on the developers part, but right now it looks as though Steam isn't going to support the skins at the release of the new client (that or the beta is not supporting it.)

• Thanks 1

It's funny because like a week ago I was yelling at a friend that Steam chat needed to be more like Discord. Happy to see this update

3 hours ago, SSgt Jones said:

Having Metro on while using the beta made the chat windows open for only a brief second before closing

Bug with the new design that was fixed in an update a few hours ago

Sign in to follow this