NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Cpl (Ret) VandeVord

VR Advice

So I'm thinking of getting a VR set up. However, I'm not sure which one to get. Vive vs Oculus. Also the variants of each VR as well.

If anyone who owns one, give me some advice or insight, please! 

Edited by WOC VandeVord

I've got a Vive, its good if you have space to set up a more dedicated play area, I've only rarely used it sitting, but seemed to do well in those. Its made for more room size use, my computer is pretty mid range and can run it no problems. While I have the Vive 1 and I don't feel any need to upgrade to the Vive Pro, if I was just starting off and money isn't really an issue I'd go for the Pro just for the updated features and built in headphones.  

Never used the Oculus so I can't give an opinion on it. 

• Thanks 1

I've an oculus, took it down after a while because I didnt have good cable management. Really is necessary that you set a space up to where you wont ever move the sensors. Buy USB3.0 to USB3.0 cable extensions and use them to set your sensors. The more coverage of a circle your sensors get, the better. On an Oculus, they typically have to be leveled with one another in height, so theres that. The headset is pretty comfy and works with most headsets.

Vive doesn't have that problem though the 2 base stations do need power. When I was in my old office, a 10'x10' room with my stuff in it, I didn't really have enough room to actually move around. I did have it set up in my living room for a bit like 25'x25' and that was way better but that required me to move my desktop.