NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
MSgt Falconer

Interest check. WWII Funop.

WWII Funop initial time poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. WWII Funop initial time poll

• 1800-1900 EST on 19SAT19
    • 1500-1600 EST on 20 SUN19

WWII Funop Interest check.

Autumn, 1941

Ukraine SSR

Heeresgruppe Süd has driven Deep into The Ukranian SSR and decimated Red Army formations around Kiev Before proceeding towards the Eastern Ukraine and the Don River. The Autumn mud has however slowed the advance significantly with tanks and their massive supply collumns unable to move forward any further. In an attempt to ensure that the Red Army cannot regroup in Peace several light armor recon units are sent ahead of the bogged down Panzer Divisions with orders to find and disrupt Red Army formations in any way possible until such a time as the Tanks can get moving again.

So there has been some talk lately about people wanting to do some WWII funops so I figured I would gauge interest at least.

What I have in mind have us playing as a recon squad in the Panzer-AufklärungsAbteilung 4 in the early stages of Operation Barbarossa. Spearheading the advance into Ukraine by Heeresgruppe Süd. Our tasking would consist of agressive recon with the goal of destroying Red Army recon units, raiding enemy forward supply dumps, airfields and just generally be a thorne in the side of larger enemy formations. To this end we would primarily be using light armored vehicles such as:
Sdkfz 222 Armored car

SdKfz 234/1/2/3/4

SdKfz 251 Halftracks

Mission would be squad sized initially but can ofcourse be expanded should interest prove high enough. players will be organized along the lines of the early war German Infantry Squad or "Gruppe"

Squad Leader: (MP40, 9x 32rnd Magazines, Binoculars, Radio)
Squad Machinegunner: (MG34, 4-6 ammo drums, 1x Luger P08/Walther P38)
Squad Assistant Machinegunner: (All the MG ammo you can carry, 1x Handgun of choice, Binoculars)

Ammunition Carrier: (Even more ammo, Kar98k, 8-10 clips)

Squad Medic: (As much Medical gear as feasable, 1x Handgun of choice)

Assistant Squad Leader: (Kar98k, 15-20 Clips, Bayonet, Binoculars)
Rifleman x4 (Kar98k, 20 Clips, 4xHandgrenades, Bayonet)

Vehicle crews would be dedicated to their role and join the Infantry Squad in the event that their vehicle is knocked out or runs out of fuel and/or ammunition. The Vehicles would be subordinate to the Squad Leader.

This mission would run the 3dmrb modpack and then simply have the IFA3 mod on top of it for maximum simplicity. If you are interested in this kind of fun op, please post below to make your interest known and if we can get at least a squad and a vehicle for the first test run I will make a template available (read: Very kindly ask @MAJ Brueske to make one)

Roster of the willing

Gruppe 1

Squad Leader: Capt Whelan 

Squad Machinegunner: Capt Hart
Squad Assistant Machinegunner: Cpl Seixeiro

Ammunition Carrier: LCpl Frase

Squad Medic: HN Speirs

Assistant Squad Leader: SSgt Hague

Rifleman 1: 2d Lt Netley
Rifleman 2: LCpl Wenner
Rifleman 3: Sgt Turk

Rifleman 4: OPEN

SdKfz 222

Commander: HMC (FMF) Kakta
Gunner: Sgt Mycka
Driver: OPEN

Sturzkampfgeschwader 77
Pilot: MAJ Brueske

MOD REQUIRED:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=660460283&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

• Like 2

I'll sign up for rifleman! (If you end up needing another guy for the vehicle you could throw me in there too).

@Capt Whelan@Capt Hart@LCpl Frase@HN Speirs@2d Lt Netley@LCpl Wenner@Sgt Turk@HMC (FMF) Kakta@Sgt Mycka@MAJ Brueske

I would like to Think that we now have enough people to start thinking about a date for this. A Poll will be added to the thread shortly after this is posted with my initial Ideas for a reasonable time.

Im thinking Either next Saturday after 8321s Operation, with an hour or so of a break between to allow S2 to cycle the server, people to grab a bite to eat etc etc.

Alternatively on the next Sunday prior to Operation time. We would look at around 1500-1600 EST to ensure we do not interfere with S2s server setup for the Sunday night operation.

Any other suggested times posted will be considered as well should these times not be suitable.

• Like 1

As things stand now it looks like 1800-1900 EST is the most popular choice.  I will leave the poll up until Friday afternoon so if you have not voted yet, please do so Before then to give a fair representation.  Keep in mind that this will be after 8321s operation on Saturday so expect the time to flex a bit depending on if said operation runs long.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to list each roles armament and basic gear, it will be added to the main roster a minute or so after this gets posted. I would also like to ask @HMC (FMF) Kaktaand @HN Speirs as the ones in the medic role: Do you want Advanced Medical with this or just the basics?

I'm fine with advanced, maybe no airway management though so we're not stuck on one patient for an inordinate amount of time? But stitching and what not is fine by me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HN Speirs said:

I'm fine with advanced, maybe no airway management though so we're not stuck on one patient for an inordinate amount of time? But stitching and what not is fine by me

9 hours ago, HMC (FMF) Kakta said:

Normal advanced is fine. No KAT

Thank you both for the rapid response. Advanced Medical with no KAT it is, (take note @MAJ Brueske).
Keep in mind that hemostatic combat dressings such as Quikclot and manportable defibrilators did not exist at this time, so you would be limited to Elastic and Packing Bandages, Morphine, Epinephrine, Blood and/or Plasma and a Surgical kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMC (FMF) Kakta said:

CPR in play? What will the percentage chance be set to for revive

Medical will be unchanged from regular 3dMRB settings minus KAT

• Like 1