NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
SSgt Spears

Operation Flash Fire (Halo Themed Fun Op)

Whats up all you cool cats and kittens. I'm hosting a funop this Thursday night @2000 EST. 

I'm testing the waters with this so this post won't look super official. 

Colony Planet Madrigal has been had a rise in civil unrest for the past few years. Increasing incidents involving Insurrectionists and their sympathizers have lead the UNSC to deploy a more active show of force. This is where you come in. After graduating your training not more than a year ago, you receive your first orders. An occupation deployment to Madrigal. It seems easy enough. Not super dangerous but you know there could be a good chance to get some shots at a group of Innies. 

You'll be tasked with standing guard on the outpost outside the main city on the planet. Recent spray paint markings on the walls tell that the base's security needs a buff. The anti USNC propaganda plastered on the walls shows that they are testing for weak points and an attack may be imminent.

There are 18 slots available.

3 Teams of 4. Roles are Team Lead, Rifleman, Automatic Rifleman, Marksman, Corpsman, and 1 pilot slot

Team Leads are the only ones permitted to use GLs. They can also carry a shotgun.

RIfleman may carry the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, or SMG

Marksman can carry the DMR or Sniper Rifle. 

Automatic Rifle can carry any of the LMG styled weapons.

Corpsman can carry shotguns, AR, BR, or SMG

Pilot can only carry SMG. The bird you will be flying is the Falcon if you want to get practice.

Roles are first come first served. I will update the list below as it goes.

Misfit Actual: Closed

Platoon Leader: Capt Hauge

Misfit 1: Open

Team Lead: Sgt O'Brien

Rifleman: WOC T. Jordan

Automatic Rifleman: LCpl Bianco

Corpsman:

Misfit 2Open

Team Lead: LCpl Talbert

Rifleman: LCpl Peach

Marksman: LCpl Jordan

Corpsman:

Misfit 3: Closed

Team Lead: Sgt Cole

Rifleman: LCpl Night

Rifleman: Cpl Netley

Corpsman: HM1 Frase

Pilot: I. Ramos (Guest)

Modpack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2108219585

Hope to see you all there 😄

• Upvote 1

I don't think you'll need ITC training to be a rifleman for this. Nothing super tactical. Mostly just point and shoot. Do you want me to give you a rifleman slot @WOC T. Jordan?

I'm trying to figure that out now 2 have already backed out so I guess never mind, I really appreciate trying to accommodate us though, sorry.

Let me know if it changes. I have a limited window to adjust the mission and get it uploaded

There will be an arsenal box and you'll get to make it. There are a few armor/camo options. The only thing I'm limiting is the weapon that is tied to your role. Check the main post to see what role can use what weapon.

if needed you can switch me to a corpsman. Looks like there is only one corpsman and plenty of rifleman so another corpsman would be good to have.