NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Boyle

As the Fighting Still Lingers in Chernarus, Americans Remain on Frontlines - Grand Central Times - November 27th, 2019

As the Fighting Still Lingers in Chernarus, Americans Remain on Frontlines

Grand Central Times - November 27th, 2019

Though the threat of full-scale conflict between the United States and the Russian Federation has passed with the withdrawal of Russian forces from Chernarus, the fighting has not completely ended here. During my time in the country I was able to interview several civilians and military officers, including some of the US advisors still deployed there in the Military Assistance Command, Chernarus (MACC). Lost in the news of the Stockholm Talks were reports of retribution killings by DPRC holdouts on those who were deemed to be traitors because they accepted the return on the legitimate government. At least 40 civilians are believed to have been killed in the past week, and there are still military engagements occurring on a regular basis.

unknown.png

Pictured: US MACC Advisor (center) conferring with CDF officer at a checkpoint

While I was embedded with a team from the MACC we came under fire on several occasions while the team attempted to make contact with CDF troops on patrol. I saw several Americans wounded in the fighting, though I was later informed that those same troops had recovered from their injuries and were still providing assistance to CDF. The amount of fighting still going on here has raised questions about how sincere the Stockholm Talks were. One of the Americans, who wished to be identified only as 'Master Sergeant Attila' for security purposes, even stated that they didn’t believe the Russians have completely left, saying that Spetsnaz troops are believed to still be operating in the country, despite Russia supposedly pulling out of the country. Whatever the truth of the situation is, it is doubtful it will be a peaceful recovery of this small European country.

By William McAvoy

Grand Central TImes

• cheekibreeki 2
  • motherfucker 1

Sign in to follow this