NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison

It's Happening.gif (Syria Edition)

Well President Trump did say they crossed many lines by using chemical weapons on civis. In all seriousness it is a very tricky situation. the LAST thing that region needs is another power vacuum. You have to imagine that some level of coordination/communication with the Russians had to occur to avoid friendly fire. Hopefully this strike gets the message across that chemical weapons are a serious no-go.

Edited by Cpl Derr

In order to avoid any type of controversy or heated conversations over hot topics, every member is invited to avoid posting a discussion that has a fair chance to become political/religious. Posting discussions regarding news and events is fine, until that fine line is crossed. Try to keep your political/religious views out of the discussion.

We're already almost across the line, but consider this a warning. Don't go political, treat this as world news.

4 minutes ago, 1stLt Ray said:

A pinprick strike is probably the least bad option.

A pinprick strike on a recognized state that is arguably supported by another superpower, with no declaration of war. I don't know, it just seems reeeeally pushing it to me. 

Aside from my opinion, apparently the Pentagon is saying the Russians weren't told, and Tillerson is saying they were. A lot of hear-say going on right now from what I can tell.

5 minutes ago, HM3 Pulliam said:

A pinprick strike on a recognized state that is arguably supported by another superpower, with no declaration of war. I don't know, it just seems reeeeally pushing it to me. 

Aside from my opinion, apparently the Pentagon is saying the Russians weren't told, and Tillerson is saying they were. A lot of hear-say going on right now from what I can tell.

The War Powers Act comes into play here. The president has 48 hours to notify Congress and can commit for up to 60 days. Multiple outlets reported Congress was notified, as was Russia, as was Israel, and countries including Canada support the strikes. So it seems to me that word circulated around as necessary.

What's interesting to me isn't a strike on an airfield, it's that the strike happened while the Chinese PM was at dinner with Trump. The timing was intentional. Wonder if Kim-Jong Un will be performing a surprise, extended subway inspection tour…

• Upvote 4

Never really understood the celebratory nature of folk when things like this happen. Thank goodness for the accuracy and dependency of the United States Navy and here is hoping this doesn't escalate into any further conflict.

Jihadis on social media are already celebrating American strikes again Syrian forces. Havn't we had enough middle eastern clusterfucks already.

C8w_yj4XoAAU9XF.jpg

10 hours ago, Cpl Hawkins said:

Better version that doesn't have that annoying pencil writing noises on it.

1 hour ago, SSgt Falconer said:

Jihadis on social media are already celebrating American strikes again Syrian forces. Havn't we had enough middle eastern clusterfucks already.

C8w_yj4XoAAU9XF.jpg

Easy there, Staff.

Looks like Russia has a ship moving up that way, though they claim its a "routine voyage." Dunno how much I'd believe that.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/07/russian-warship-steams-toward-us-destroyers-that-launched-syria-strikes.html

Edit: Looks like most people think this might actually end up being nothing, so could just be Fox sensationalism, who knows.

Edited by SSgt Bazarnicki

Do NOT fuck my thread. Thanks.

PS: Not directed at anyone. Just don't do it. <3

Edited by HMCS Harrison

8 hours ago, SSgt Falconer said:

C8w_yj4XoAAU9XF.jpg

You were already warned by the SgtMaj to avoid crossing the line into a political thread. I'm not sure how much closer anyone thinks they can get - but if it goes even a half step closer, those responsible should make appointments to meet me in my office. Consider this a last warning. 

Edited by GySgt Whitacre

Sign in to follow this