NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
GySgt Cole

Taliban Tuesdays: Lythium FunOps

Nothing goes on on Tuesdays, so here goes:

I'll be hosting a series of funops that run on Tuesday nights, with a start time of 2000EST. Keep in mind that planning infield might take a little bit, but if you're interested in leadership you can show up 15 minutes early to plan. We'll be doing missions that we would sort of see on an FTX or a deployment, I just want to get some fun times on this new map, Lythium.
Mods will be as follows:
- Standard 3d Mods
Lythium map
JBad Buildings (required by Lythium)
- Project OPFOR (you need the full version linked here, the unit has an edited version)
The extra mods add in the map, it's unique buildings, and new BLUFOR/OPFOR/INDFOR/Civilian units to make the game more immersive. This means we'll have actual Afghan allies, enemies and civilians who look the part.

Missions will vary, but I will try to keep them fun and generally more intense (or more engaging) than an official operation. I'm always open to feedback and new ideas to make the missions more desirable. I may change it up after a few and have us roll as an ODA or something along those lines for fun, but for now MARSOC is my go to.

Also, biggest complaint I heard from the first mission was 1. Aviation was bored as shit 2. not enough contact in the beginning. As for 1, I'm working on integrating you guys better, but it's hard to simulate the overtasked nature of coalition air support when there's no other stuff going on in game. As for 2, this is easy and will be fixed. 

Here is the info for the upcoming mission, 09MAY17

Mission: Team 8300 will act as a QRF for local Afghan National Police and U.S. Army Airborne who are pinned down in a valley by Taliban fighters. More information will be provided in field, as the mission is a QRF. 

Roster:

Team HQ
Team Leader:
Team Chief:
Team SARC:
Team Comms Chief/JTAC:

Element One
Element Leader:
Asst. Element Leader:
SARC:
CSO:
CSO: