NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Koch

01JAN18 8PM EST - Koch Fun Op - Zombie Night

zombie op  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. date

2. 2. time

Something has come up and I may not be able to tonight either, so I see two options:

1. I get someone else to run it in my place, I'll see what I can do on a short notice

2. We delay it until Saturday (the second most voted for option)

I know this is an incredibly short notice, but I'll do my best to get someone to host it tonight if that is what people want

I spoke to GySgt Cole - he'll run it if people want it to be run tonight instead of delaying. Here's a little briefing for each team, just in case...

BLUFOR:

You will spawn on an Island just off the coast of Tanoa - there are two boxes on your right. The box on the left has some binocs and gas masks, the box on the right is a small, barely functional arsenal. You have very limited time on picking up equipment - zombies eventually manage to sneak into the spawn for reasons unknown, I've blacklisted the whole island... Once you are geared up - if Whelan is there - he will airlift you somewhere at the leads discretion, at which point you start looking for the survivors. The helicopter can circle around and look for it, but you're on the ground just so you can get there quickly if there's something going on. Remember: survivors are your friends, only shoot at them if they shoot first.

Survivors:

You will spawn somewhere in the jungle along with others, and you will have to locate the rest of the survivors. Hint: you spawn fairly close to eachother - but it's not too obvious. One of you (surprise who) has a flare - make use of it if you hear the helicopter. You don't need to be friendly to eachother, but it's recommended. Same goes for actions against BLUFOR, but remember that they all have NVGs and fairly heavy weaponry, unlike the survivors. Most of you have certain items that can be useful, but you need to work together. The Emergency Services are probably the most important of the bunch, they have a ton of medical supplies.

General mission stuff:

This is a hardcore mission. You are locked in first person (if Cole or I select the right difficulty), and you only have one life. I opted for only one life simply due to the fact that I don't want it to drag on, and it's pretty hard to die from the zombies anyway (unless you are out of ammo). They are fairly easy to kill, too, so you should be fine. The first person is because you already have the advantage of having ranged weapons against the zombies, the last thing we need is you being able to see them over walls and the likes. In addition, it makes the jungles fucking terrifying when you only have a weapon flashlight or a headlamp.

Lastly,

I hope people have fun. You can steer this mission however you wish, that's completely up to the player. There is no Zeusing involved, just ambient zombies going around to kill people.

Good luck, I hope I'm there.

oh, if you die, don't disconnect - watch in spectator instead and see others die, it can be hilarious

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this