NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
SSgt (Ret) Braathen

I wanne debate about the current modpack regarding realism and fun.

Capt Koch

Yes, Battalion is reviewing this. We'll get back to you all soon, probably in the next day or so.

Message added by Capt Koch

3 hours ago, Cpl DelPercio said:

The biggest thing we could try and introduce is medevacs, some of the injuries we sustain in the field would not be treatable in the field. While this would make for a massive logistical undertaking, I think it would be interesting to employ medevacs and maybe even sarcs or other personnel that could fill in and act as medical crew onboard. Two ways we could utilize it is have a medical helicopter fly in and stay until wounded are treated, which is dangerous, but faster. Or like a traditional medevac and take the wounded back to base. I think this would be interesting and include some more realism but also maybe making people think about how they operate. 

EDIT: these medevac teams could also act as CSAR for downed aircraft 

It would be pretty badass to act as CSAR/PJ

If we were to implement Flight Medics I would fill in for every operation that I could. 

• Upvote 3

There are some changes we can make to the mod but overall if we make those changes I would prefer to see us learning from our mistakes rather than reinventing the wheel. 1stLt Cole hit the nail on the head, there are many things we as operators can do to improve our survivability. This doesn't mean the modpack isn't in need of some refining, but correcting both the mod and our own deficiencies should fix what a lot of us have seen or experienced. Violence of action is important, when action occurs, but everything else is slow is smooth, smooth is fast. 

Sergeant, I don't think a poll is appropriate. This is a thread for discussion, if Command wants a poll I'm sure they will solicit one.

Everything is being considered, Battalion will make a decision soon and reply to this thread. We're trying to balance between fun and realism; but this is not the place to put a vote.

Until further notice, this feature is going to be disabled. This may not be permanent, but I want to review it first. If it's coming back, we'll inform you and let the SARCs adjust before it returns. This will not be before Raider 2.2 will eventually release, and maybe even later.

• Upvote 1

Raider 2.1.1 is out and the server has been updated to set bandages to heal hit points.

To be very clear on the topic of limb damage, we have changed the following setting from "false" to "true":

ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage = true;

This means ACE advanced bandages should now heal limb damage. Please post in the Raider 2.1.1 feedback thread if you continue to encounter limb damage.

Edited by Capt Ray