NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Cpl (Ret) VandeVord

Thought Experiment

I'd like to propose a thought experiment to all of you. Choose a world event, big or small, from any point in history and change it. Example; "How would the world be changed if the Roman Empire didn't collapse?" or "What if the new world didn't exist?"

Think long and hard about it. Write a reply with some depth, length and serious thought put into it. I would encourage you avoid obvious and easy ones like Germans winning world war 1/2. You can of course do the obvious ones, you're a human with free will. I'd also request people to not just do one line events like "FDR was never president" and just leave it at that. No real story or thought. You can work on it as a group. 

Debate is welcome as long as it is civil. However I'll make another topic, if need be, for it.

Summary

1. Choose a world event, big or small, at any point in history and change it.

2. Please avoid sensitive topics like "What if Donald Trump was assassinated?" or other scenarios in history that will cause an uproar in the forums. Forum rules still do apply, obviously.

3. Write about said event change in depth with some serious thought put into it. Things like how it would impact things immediately and in the long run on a regional, national or global scale. Punctuation, grammar and so on, isn't required but it does help. I'm guilty of being terrible at them. Try to get spelling right though, please. Photos never hurt to help with a story. Making a video on your topic would truly cool, but not required.

4. Avoid plagiarism please. Your own thoughts on a topic are way better then copying someone else's.

5. Post it.

6. NO TROLLING. STAY ON TOPIC.

7. Have fun and read other's works.

200+%25283%2529.gif

Edited by Cpl VandeVord
  • Upvote 2