NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
SSgt (Ret) Braathen

Cup hammer Studios (April Fools)

RHS has a similar announcement on their Facebook page.

On one hand, today is April 1. On the other hand, ACE3 was announced on April 1, 2015.

So who knows.

3 minutes ago, Maj Ray said:

RHS has a similar announcement on their Facebook page.

On one hand, today is April 1. On the other hand, ACE3 was announced on April 1, 2015.

So who knows.

yea i saw that and then remember what date it is, but having strykers, scars, lavs in 1 mod i hope this happen but its still april 1st :/

9 minutes ago, Sgt Braathen said:

yea i saw that and then remember what date it is, but having strykers, scars, lavs in 1 mod i hope this happen but its still april 1st :/

This would be a very cruel joke if false. But I think the real, core joke is to keep people guessing by announcing it on April 1, similar to ACE3's announcement.

It'd be very nice if this was true, because official SCARs and getting access to CUP's DAP would be fantastic.

1 minute ago, Cpl Van Dyke said:

May I point out the word DLC? 

Yep. But two different announcements... supposedly. The first announcement is that CUP + RHS is combining into one mod. The second is that they're developing official vanilla content.

We'll see™.

RHS still has the announcement up on their Facebook page…

... but CUP has announced it was a prank.

As many of you have already guessed it by now... this was an april’s fools prank.

Many of you consider CUP and RHS as competitors even though that is hardly the case. What we wanted to show that it is absolutely possible that two of the biggest mods for arma, that have different goals, workflow and approaches can work together quite happily to pull a gig like this. So can others, and not just for April Fools or Arma for that matter.

Working together is what kept this creative community alive for so long, sharing information, skills, ideas and the interest into this unique game we all gravitate around.

The dedication and tenacity of the modding community is part of what makes this game so special for all of us. This goes for all the modders out there, especially the ArmA ones: Keep on going, continue to expand the armaverse, help each other out and push things to the limit. This game wouldn’t be the same without you all.

You might wonder if RHS and CUP will ever merge? We already have people who are part of both development teams, so who knows what might happen in the future, especially with a new iteration of the franchise on the horizon. For now, we’ll carry on sharing information and knowledge just like before, but each with its own development path.

Now for the good news, neither CUP or RHS have any intention to put a paywall between their creation and the community as part of a DLC.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not CUP's goal to simply port old content to Arma3, but also to bring this content up to the same level as the Arma 3 content. This includes the level of detail, textures and the support of new engine features. Since we are only a small team, we have to move bit by bit towards this goal. Good examples of this are the LAV-25, the upcoming Landrover and many more. The upcoming Tank DLC contains some really interesting features and you can be sure that is only a matter of time and manpower to adopt these new feature in our mod.

Edited by Maj Ray

1 hour ago, Sgt Braathen said:

all i want is the strykers and the LAV's got dammit

Apparently the Strykers are real. And SCARs!

Some of RHS most requested content is already in the late WIP stages, including Strikers, LAVs, scars etc. We will release some shots in the coming weeks. Pending Tanks DLC, there will be more changes under the hood, adopting the new BI damage values and systems, which means RHS mods will play better together with vanilla other 3rd party ones, including CUP.

stryker01.png

46b5c4045cd68ae2468b9c944ff90758.png

Edited by Maj Ray

1 minute ago, Sgt Braathen said:

yea i read it but again they have said that it will be soon in for over 2 years LMAO

If they're far enough along to show screenshots means that we can probably count on them being included. The SCAR looks completed or nearly completed, and the Stryker model looks like it just needs texturing.

RHS 0.4.6 perhaps?

Some of RHS most requested content is already in the late WIP stages, including Strikers, LAVs, scars etc. We will release some shots in the coming weeks. Pending Tanks DLC, there will be more changes under the hood, adopting the new BI damage values and systems, which means RHS mods will play better together with vanilla other 3rd party ones, including CUP.

This sounds to me like they'll release the vehicles after the Tanks DLC. Weapons don't really need to wait.

Just now, Maj Ray said:

If they're far enough along to show screenshots means that we can probably count on them being included. The SCAR looks completed or nearly completed, and the Stryker model looks like it just needs texturing.

RHS 0.4.6 perhaps?

hope so, but sadly we dont have a motorised/mechanized attachment :( kinda miss those days with combined arms

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Braathen said:

hope so, but sadly we dont have a motorised/mechanized attachment :( kinda miss those days with combined arms

While true, there are also plenty of opportunities for alternate gameplay with S-2 roleplaying. We had a combined arms scenario in TFA's final FTX, as an example.

Sign in to follow this