NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Gluttony

3d MRB Liberation V2.0

6bq2sKu.png

I wanted to make this post for those that frequent the 13th MEU Liberation mission on the Public Server. Once we complete the current map i.e. capture everything. We are going too work on version 2.0. I would like if anyone who has a recommendation about how too improve the mission to put it here. All ideas welcome! Thanks gents.

Current Planned Changes
- Add more RHS vehicles
- Change to 3d MRB
- Increase prices slightly too avoid, excessive spending
- New Maps / Chern,Tanoa
- ACE Repair
- Medic blood issue
- Increase amount of threat lost per enemy fob destroyed
- Decrease cost of Intel pet secondary objective. 

Edited by 2ndLt Gluttony

44 minutes ago, SCPO (FMF) Bernal said:

Advanced medical

Its the pub server so we are going to keep it lite with Basic for now.

31 minutes ago, Maj Irwin said:

Headless Client

If a Headless client works like I think it does, we wont be able to use it because the enemy would retake everything back during the low play hours, we have a problem managing our threat level and if nobody is on and its up around 200% we would loose most of our FOB's in a night. Then again I may be miss informed about what a Headless client actually does.

30 minutes ago, SNA G. Parker said:

Designated AIR FOB's/Bases, so people don't just spawn Birds in the middle of nowhere.

Its the public server its just something we are all going to have to deal with for the time being. 

If you want to be ambitious, perhaps more types of secondary objectives? Not sure if the original authors have much documentation.

27 minutes ago, PFC Cole said:

If you want to be ambitious, perhaps more types of secondary objectives? Not sure if the original authors have much documentation.

I would be willing to look into that, as of rite now the Authors of the mission only have 2 set, but it would be nice to have more. 

• Upvote 1

the medical settings you guys are using now is all screwed up. Make sure the bleed coefficient isn't to high, one 250M should be more than enough for any patient when we did basic in the 506th

2 hours ago, 2ndLt Gluttony said:

If a Headless client works like I think it does, we wont be able to use it because the enemy would retake everything back during the low play hours, we have a problem managing our threat level and if nobody is on and its up around 200% we would loose most of our FOB's in a night. Then again I may be miss informed about what a Headless client actually does.

Thats not realy how the headless clients work.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PO2 (FMF) Bingham said:

the medical settings you guys are using now is all screwed up. Make sure the bleed coefficient isn't too high, one 250M should be more than enough for any patient when we did basic in the 506th

I can look at the bleed coefficient. Any other suggestions for medical?

Treat themselves, currently you have to be a medic slot to give blood, so blood is restricted to medics. I am suggesting you take that off, anyone can do basic medical 

1 hour ago, 2ndLt Livingston said:

Thats not realy how the headless clients work.

Correct, persistent headless client doesn't perform in the way you'd think.
Persistent AI calculations is actually a parameter in the server config file, set to 0 or 1.
When persistent=1, the server is always running the loaded map and AI run around all the time.
When persistent=0, the server is always running but the map unloads and the AI offload until a player comes online. (this is our preferred setup)

Some information for our readers:
Headless Dedicated Server and Headless Client are almost identical in setup and usage but the misunderstood part is what they actually do.

The Headless Dedicated Server (HDS) hosts the map, host transactions between clients/server, and CAN compute AI calculations by itself.
Headless Client on the other hand acts as a client, using -client, that connects to the designated server to take over AI calculations, this is ONLY used to distribute the workload over multiple processors or cores depending on the usage.

A headless client is only used when two conditions need to be met:

1. When the HDS is having resource dependency issues while processing AI calculations. (ie, the HDS is maxing out on CPU usage as an application)
  2. and when hardware configuration allows for this style of setup. (ie, either a very powerful box or multiple boxes on the same LAN)

I hope this helps in explaining the persistent parameter as well as the similarities and differences between Headless Dedicated Servers (HDS) and Headless Clients.

Edited by PFC Crowley

3 minutes ago, 2ndLt Gluttony said:

So how would a headless client benefit us? Just take some of the stress of the server and spread the load?

It would not benefit the public server at this point in time.
We only use the headless client for training and OP server workload distribution, I do not recommend it for the public server unless there are performance issues reported.

What was really misunderstood was the usage of headless client vs the persistent parameter.

Edited by PFC Crowley

For the record none of the server hosting or configuration is a secret, I mean I wrote a document on it.
Also all the information can be referenced back to BI's wiki on dedicated servers and parameters pages.

I can say that every time I play liberation as opposed to just playing the pub server as we have always played it, my game either crashes, or my frames drop to about 3 FPS, and then I see my character as a body on top of another body. I don't usually have this issue on other servers. Could someone tell me how to fix this, or what is causing it? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, LCpl Woods said:

I can say that every time I play liberation as opposed to just playing the pub server as we have always played it, my game either crashes, or my frames drop to about 3 FPS, and then I see my character as a body on top of another body. I don't usually have this issue on other servers. Could someone tell me how to fix this, or what is causing it? 

Thanks

Its a large problem in Arma atm, they are calling it a memory leak. Causes the textures to essentially unload in game.