NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
GySgt Cole

OPERATION ZONOVA, Sunday 15DEC 1600EST

Fun Op Time  

3 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. funop when

• Sunday 1600EST
    • Sunday 2000EST

Hey guys I'm making a fun-op this weekend and I want you all to play it. Attendance is mandatory!!!

For those unaware, in addition to being the "annoying cancer guy with the memes" I'm also a Zeus Extraordinaire and ran S-2 for quite a while propelling us to exciting locations like "Afghanistan the first time", "The map that lagged a lot", and "Tanoa, again". I've hosted some pretty rad fun ops and I always let Falconer murder a lot of civilians so you know I'm fun for the party.

Important things to know:

• I make tough missions and I will try to kill you with my remote controlled AI so watch your sectors and prep rooms
  • I usually have a theme and vague restrictions like no optics so if you break my rules I will send BMP-4s at you
  • Brueske will be allowed to park one (1) aircraft into some terrain before being banished to ground
  • Someone I like is going to help me Zeus (TBA)

Mission Stuff:

• Bluff:
    • In short: We'll be playing as Russian Spetsnaz defending an embassy building during an evacuation and massed attack by both lightly armed militia and military.
    • The Tembelan government has been a reliable Russian ally in the region. Recent anti-government protests on Tembelan turned violent, with security forces brutally cracking down on protestors. The local military (henceforth TAF) launched an operation to protect protestors and seize control of the government, arresting the sitting President and her Cabinet. Protestors have rapidly turned their attention to our presence on the island, and are beginning to attack our installations. 
    • First and foremost, we must protect and evacuate all embassy personnel. This will constitute the first phase of OPERATION ZONOVA
  • Plan of Action:
    • RITSAR will first protect the Embassy and attached military facility (collectively OBJ SOVA ["sava"]), primarily along axis of attack directed at PL1. Embassy personnel will meanwhile evacuate to OBJ SOKOL ["so-coll"). 
    • RITSAR will demolish the main embassy buildings at OBJ SOVA and fall back to PL2 when holding PL1 becomes untenable or when ordered by higher.
    • PL2 is a temporary position and may be abandoned when all friendlies have arrived at OBJ SOKOL or circumvented entirely.
    • PL3 should be held until all embassy personnel and RITSAR are evacuated OR position becomes untenable, at which point RITSAR should evacuate along the emergency route to the south by any means.
  • Friendlies:
    • RITSAR - Spetsnaz Team
    • COSSACK - Mi-8s
    • PLACEHOLDER - Command/Zeus
    • Embassy personnel
  • Imagery
    • Red indicated enemy routes of advance and blocking positions. Dotted blue line indicates emergency ground retreat route.

unknown.png
unknown.png

• Like 1

I've added the briefing and the official time will be 1600EST tomorrow. Be there or be square!
Loadouts will be worked out when we get in, I'll be finished setting up by 1530 so we'll have plenty of time to work it all out, but we're using Russian gear and only 1x optics will be allowed.

Equipment Stuff:

• Uniform: EMR Summer VDV
  • Vest: Role Appropriate EMR Summer 6B13/6B23/6Sh92
  • Helmet: Any EMR Summer or Olive 6B47/6B7-1M
  • Radio: AN-PRC 152
  • GPS: None learn to use a map Comrade
  • Optics: ONLY 1x RUSSIAN OPTICS ALLOWED
  • Weapons:
    • Riflemen: Any Polymer/Metal construction AK- series rifle (any mod/DLC)
    • Grenadier (2x Authorized): As above
    • MG (2x Authorized): PKP (RHS) or RPK-12 (Contact DLC)
    • AT: RPG-7V2  or RPG-26 
    • Sniper (1x authorized): SVDM
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this