NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Ethnic clashes in Sri Lanka escalate
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
GySgt Van Dyke

Potential 2300AD (Mongoose Traveller 2nd Editon) Game

Hey Folks, so I've been mulling it over, and I would love to bring back an idea I had a while back to do a 2300AD game using the newer Mongoose Traveller rules. This is a 2d6 based system, with deadly combat, deep mechanics, and a lot of potentially very interesting story lines running from counter terrorism on the colonies to deep space ship battles. The basic idea of the setting is that after a limited nuclear exchange creates a period known as twilight, humanity takes a long time to rebuild. After all of the chaos, France emerges as the new superpower, with the US in 2300 a fairly distant second or third. There has been contact with numerous alien species, and there is an ongoing war with the Kafers, a mysterious species with which there has so far been little successful communication. 

Wall of text aside, I would love to run either a naval or spec-ops game as America (The United States while still the official name has fallen out of use), and want to judge interest and what people would prefer to play, if anything at all. Just let me know here if you're interested! Tagging @GySgt Kakta as per our conversation the other day.

• Like 1

I'm not sure yet, probably something like Saturday mornings, I want to avoid conflict with most unit activities, but still be on a weekend. (I already play in a Sunday morning game)

19 hours ago, SSgt Van Dyke said:

France emerges as the new superpower

Literally unplayable!

Jokes aside, I'd be into it if my schedule allows.

Seeing as to how there appears to be some interest, I'm going to go ahead and keep developing my pre-game prep. I'll also propose some potential times in a bit, and see what people can do.

Ok, so having looked at my schedule, I can do basically any weekday evening/afternoon (Central US Time), as well as Saturday Mornings and early afternoon. Let me know what works for you guys and hopefully we can find a time that works for everyone. I would also love to know whether people are more interested in a naval game or a Spec Ops game. I have stuff for either, but it would be helpful with prep. In the one you would be the bridge crew of a fairly tough little destroyer, in the other a team deployed to one of the colonies. @MSgt Falconer @GySgt Kakta @SSgt Speirs @Sgt Turk Anyone else who is interested is also welcome to let me know here of course.

5 minutes ago, SSgt Van Dyke said:

Ok, so having looked at my schedule, I can do basically any weekday evening/afternoon (Central US Time), as well as Saturday Mornings and early afternoon. Let me know what works for you guys and hopefully we can find a time that works for everyone. I would also love to know whether people are more interested in a naval game or a Spec Ops game. I have stuff for either, but it would be helpful with prep. In the one you would be the bridge crew of a fairly tough little destroyer, in the other a team deployed to one of the colonies. @MSgt Falconer @GySgt Kakta @SSgt Speirs @Sgt Turk Anyone else who is interested is also welcome to let me know here of course.

Tbh I love both ideas of being bridge crew or a team on the ground. I am good for Saturday or sunday mornings

Ditto, I like the idea for both. Warning i know literally NOTHING save for what i was able to read a little on so I'll need a little help. And I'm free Saturday afternoons!

I have no time slot preferences, I would be fine with whatever day and time of the week. Can't we be a ship crew also sends out teams to the ground? Regardless both sounds fun enough.

It sounds to me like Saturdays work well for people, so that's what i'll plan on. I want to try out ship combat, so that's the way I'm leaning, but I'll do my best to give you human scale encounters as well. All sorts of RP and interesting challenges to be had there. As to the system, it seems kind of daunting, but I have all the books and will share those with folks, and it's really not that different from any other RPG. The first session will be character creation, because that always takes a while (and in traveller is a minigame in and unto itself). I will make some alterations to it to ensure everyone ends up with a usable character, and once I have those decided on, I'll let people know.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had finals, but I'm working on it again, will have an update probably tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this