NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
LCpl (Ret) McKnight

MRB Qualification Course

To my massive frustration, i fucked it up with the camera a 4th goddamn time and so i decided just to enlist the help of a friend to record for me with my phone.

My shot timer/beeper was on my phone that we recorded this with so i couldn't do it with a proper timer and so my buddy just counted me off. I'll do it better some time in the future but im sure you can all time the courses of fire from the video.

Score was an embarrasing 14 hits in the body A zone and 2 hits in the head, so obviously the results were pretty terribad. On the earlier attempts i had some better and some worse gos with the results varying from 12 shots in the body to 20 shots in the body. The head shots i managed to pull off each time.

This was shot on a target with the IDPA Head zone & Body A zone drawn on the target. I didnt have access to the guild's card boards today, i'll make sure to grab a few for the next one.

Now i wanna see @LCpl McKnight, @HM2 (FMF) Truscott and @Maj Irwin do the same and show some results. If you guys beat me, which i have no doubt that you will, i will have to re-do this with a bit more attitude.

One thing i forgot to ask, are we supposed to do this with full kit on or just the belt? I can do full kit too, just didn't bring them today.

• Upvote 1

Nice! Unfortunately I can't do the drill since the laws here only permit shooting restricted firearms (which AR15s and pistols are classified here as) at ranges, and my range doesn't allow walking forward of the firing line without written permission - and they wouldn't give just me permission to do this.

I just got this odd shotgun in the mail the other day though, maybe I'll try with it. ;) 

rRhpIbV.jpg

9 hours ago, HM2 Heikinheimo said:

To my massive frustration, i fucked it up with the camera a 4th goddamn time and so i decided just to enlist the help of a friend to record for me with my phone.

My shot timer/beeper was on my phone that we recorded this with so i couldn't do it with a proper timer and so my buddy just counted me off. I'll do it better some time in the future but im sure you can all time the courses of fire from the video.

Score was an embarrasing 14 hits in the body A zone and 2 hits in the head, so obviously the results were pretty terribad. On the earlier attempts i had some better and some worse gos with the results varying from 12 shots in the body to 20 shots in the body. The head shots i managed to pull off each time.

This was shot on a target with the IDPA Head zone & Body A zone drawn on the target. I didnt have access to the guild's card boards today, i'll make sure to grab a few for the next one.

Now i wanna see @LCpl McKnight, @HM2 (FMF) Truscott and @Maj Irwin do the same and show some results. If you guys beat me, which i have no doubt that you will, i will have to re-do this with a bit more attitude.

One thing i forgot to ask, are we supposed to do this with full kit on or just the belt? I can do full kit too, just didn't bring them today.

either or. whatever way you like to run your shit, do it that way. i'll do mine with a chest rig.

2 hours ago, Maj Irwin said:

i kaint see it brochacho, 500 error code

Edited by LCpl McKnight

Qual conducted this morning. My first score (no video was 38 out of 48) The video shows the second go with a score of 36 out of 48. Rifle used was my AR-15 that I built. 

Did the pistol qual twice. The video is the second go through. First round i did a 36 out of 52, the second was 43 out of 52. Pistol used was a Gen 3 Glock 17C.

And had a little fun after. Note the in the video we were using the fire pit and tree bush as cover since we didn't have and actual barriers to utilize. (Use your IMAGINATION!!!)

Edited by Maj Irwin
  • Upvote 3

Uhm, i dont mean to sound like a dick, but how do you score "43 out of 52." in a 26 shot course of fire :D

E: i see youre talkong about scoring, not hits. My bad

Edited by HM2 (FMF) Heikinheimo