NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Hart

Brutal Ambush of Nigerian Forces - The Outside Edit - May 12th, 2019

Brutal Ambush of Nigerian Forces

[WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES]

The Outside Edit - Dateline May 12th 2019

eoz1l70.jpg

The site of the ambush where the victorious Nigerian Forces have left the Boko Harem combatants dead in the street

Heralding an apparent increase in power from Boko Harem, the African Branch of the well known ISIS terror group, Nigerian forces were brutally ambushed while visiting a small town on their northern border. The resulting firefight lasted an excruciating thirty minutes and resulted in over 20 dead on both sides. Our sources report at least eight of these dead to be Nigerian Army soldiers.

In recent years Boko Harem have been fairly passive within Nigeria though it is not known exactly why. Whatever the reason, the Nigerians have enjoyed several years of relative peace where the entire country seems to have gotten comfortable. Soldiers have been able to conduct their patrols uninterrupted and the citizens have become more friendly and welcoming. But last week all of that changed with this devastating ambush and several other attacks across northern Nigeria. Perhaps this violent resurgence is due to a flood of fighters streaming in from the, now defeated, ISIS in Iraq or perhaps it is simply Boko Harem taking advantage of a country that has gotten too comfortable.

JNLBkov.jpg

A Nigerian Checkpoint controlling access to one of the cities on their northern border

Government officials inside of Nigeria have been swift to increase military presence in the north, sending out several battalions to reinforce cities and keep their citizens safe. Some military experts believe this move by the Nigerian Government to be a mistake, saying they are being played by Boko Harem. Though the Nigerian Government has refrained from commenting on these statements, civilians along their northern border have said that they feel safer with the increased military presence.

With the recent French Intervention against Boko Harem in Mali and the renued attacks now occurring in Nigeria, one is left to wonder what the stability in Africa will look like in the near future. If attacks continue to increase it could foreshadow a dangerous political situation and maybe even a military intervention from one of the global military superpowers. What do you think? Will we see a U.S. Intervention in Nigeria since they seem so eager to fight militants in the middle east? Whatever happens be sure to stay tuned to The Outsider Edit for all of the stories that the other guys wont cover.

Noah Lee - The Outsider Edit
*This news report is a fictional work created to support the 3d MRB ARMA gameplay

• Upvote 1

Very well written, however becasue I am me I shall nitpick.
Harem: Lavish part of a Palace where the Sultan keeps his many wives/concubines
Haram: A term meaning forbidden or disallowed in islamic doctrine.
Boko HARAM: Islamic terrorist organization operating mostly in Nigeria.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SSgt Falconer said:

Very well written, however becasue I am me I shall nitpick.
Harem: Lavish part of a Palace where the Sultan keeps his many wives/concubines
Haram: A term meaning forbidden or disallowed in islamic doctrine.
Boko HARAM: Islamic terrorist organization operating mostly in Nigeria.

Oh....I'm going to say it was a stylistic choice for an off-brand news organisation having a bad editor

giphy.gif

This is also why I have you review the stuff I write so I don't accidentally do things like this lol

Sign in to follow this