NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
GySgt Cole

Military Pictures/Video Thread

This is my new favorite

faRO8xg.jpg

U.S. Marine Raiders conduct vehicle and weapons training

Source:

That guy has over an ARMA Task Force in frags to be honest.

Hooyah go Navy!

Edited by HMCS Harrison

Here's a crowd pleaser:
t3E3w49.jpg
US Secretary of Defense James Mattis over Afghanistan

kh57d29x4yty.jpg

USS Zumwalt transiting the Panama Canal

y0i4gTl.jpg

A Marine Corps Super Cobra flies by an Abrams preparing to fire at designated targets at an Egyptian firing range.

Edited by Cpl Cole

18b1dyqxc0jz.jpg

jwm2qc4z40jz.jpg

Some new MARSOC stuff. Note the dope mk18 paintjobs, breaching shotgun, halligan/sledgehammer sheath, and total switch to Glock 19 Gen 3s over the M45

If you're an immersion nut switch over to the Glock :P

Edited by Sgt Cole

Such a sweet set of pictures, makes me really miss being the breacher. Note: NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS WEARING A GREEN PLATE CARRIER

Edited by SSgt Derr
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SSgt Derr said:

Note: NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS WEARING A GREEN PLATE CARRIER

Interesting though, the guy standing up the most seems to be wearing a multicam one

2 hours ago, SSgt Derr said:

Such a sweet set of pictures, makes me really miss being the breacher. Note: NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS WEARING A GREEN PLATE CARRIER

Don't do this to me.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt Cole said:

Interesting though, the guy standing up the most seems to be wearing a multicam one

and now everyone who blasts me for wearing multicam can officially go fuck themselves.

• Upvote 5

4keSXJQ.jpg

"A MARSOC Raider with his brother from another mother, a Navy SARC; In Afghanistan, 2012. [2351 x 1768]"

KkH7abB.jpg

"Austrian & Belgian Special Operations Forces conducting helicopter exercises, 2016.[2.047x1.124]"

12chnglegxjz.jpg

"Japanese Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle [6000x3376]" I think the guy's helmet is quite funny looking

4ag0yuqzwsjz.jpg

"First image of Bell V-280 Valor tilt-rotor aircraft prototype [960x540]"

RuWjoCv.jpg

"Delta Force operator with an Ultimax LMG takes a knee in the middle of the Iraqi desert, c. 2006-2007. [784 x 784]" Ultimax MGs are stupid stable by the way

MefU13S.jpg

Bonus image of elite Belgian riot control officer

Edited by Sgt Cole

On 9/4/2017 at 9:22 PM, Sgt Cole said:

4keSXJQ.jpg

"A MARSOC Raider with his brother from another mother, a Navy SARC; In Afghanistan, 2012. [2351 x 1768]"

KkH7abB.jpg

"Austrian & Belgian Special Operations Forces conducting helicopter exercises, 2016.[2.047x1.124]"

12chnglegxjz.jpg

"Japanese Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle [6000x3376]" I think the guy's helmet is quite funny looking

4ag0yuqzwsjz.jpg

"First image of Bell V-280 Valor tilt-rotor aircraft prototype [960x540]"

RuWjoCv.jpg

"Delta Force operator with an Ultimax LMG takes a knee in the middle of the Iraqi desert, c. 2006-2007. [784 x 784]" Ultimax MGs are stupid stable by the way

MefU13S.jpg

Bonus image of elite Belgian riot control officer

Pepper spray in the right hand........Honey bun in the left!

• Haha 1

oh @Maj Brueske

170829-Z-BW778-004D.JPG

"U.S. Air National Guardsmen work with the U.S. Forest Service to drop retardant on the Pier Fire southeast of Fresno, California on Aug. 29, 2017 [4975×2799]"

s2gkv6t5eekz.jpg

"USS America (LHA-6) underway with F-35Bs aboard [1374x1080]"

Swedish Strv 122s Making a mess of traffic during Excercise Aurora17.
(Yes, the turret top mounted machineguns are Hitler Buzzsaws.)
0ElxUM4.jpg

640px-Stridsfordon_90_Revinge_2012-1.jpg
R9DhMPg.jpg

CV90 IFV. With its 40mm Bofors gun this thing can eat both Bradleys and BMPs for breakfast. The lack of ATGM capability is compensated for by Manportable NLAWs carried by the dismounting infantry. 6-8 combat equipped soldiers can be carried depending on variant. Hatches behind the turret allow soldiers to reliable cover the rear 180 degrees.

11899537_188106808188282_619068016_n.jpg
Coastal rangers dismounting Combat Boat 90 (Everything in the swedish army is 90 becasue whoever is in charge of naming shit is a really boring person)

10430406065_cbafd3080a_b.jpg

Combat boat 90 performing an emergency stop (Crashstop) It can go from full speed to stationary in only one boat lenght, this is however monstrously uncomfortable for crew and passengers and so it is rarely done in peacetime.

Saab-JAS-39-Gripen-Background.jpg

JAS 39 Gripen.  Multi-role fighter. Note brand new IRIS-T, Meteor BVRAAM and RBS-15 Anti-Ship missiles. This thing can make pretty much anything go away.

Edited by MSgt Falconer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MSgt Falconer said:

Swedish Strv 122s Making a mess of traffic during Excercise Aurora17.
(Yes, the turret top mounted machineguns are Hitler Buzzsaws.)
0ElxUM4.jpg

640px-Stridsfordon_90_Revinge_2012-1.jpg
R9DhMPg.jpg

CV90 IFV. With its 40mm Bofors gun this thing can eat both Bradleys and BMPs for breakfast. The lack of ATGM capability is compensated for by Manportable NLAWs carried by the dismounting infantry. 6-8 combat equipped soldiers can be carried depending on variant. Hatches behind the turret allow soldiers to reliable cover the rear 180 degrees.

11899537_188106808188282_619068016_n.jpg
Coastal rangers dismounting Combat Boat 90 (Everything in the swedish army is 90 becasue whoever is in charge of naming shit is a really boring person)

10430406065_cbafd3080a_b.jpg

Combat boat 90 performing an emergency stop (Crashstop) It can go from full speed to stationary in only one boat lenght, this is however monstrously uncomfortable for crew and passengers and so it is rarely done in peacetime.

Saab-JAS-39-Gripen-Background.jpg

JAS 39 Gripen.  Multi-role fighter. Note brand new IRIS-T, Meteor BVRAAM and RBS-15 Anti-Ship missiles. This thing can make pretty much anything go away.

Your bit on the CV90s being able to go force on force with Bradleys   --> MAY <-- be a bit of a stretch. From what I can tell the CV90s are largely untested in any combat environment (minimal engagement in Afghanistan).  IMO the lack of ATGM capabilities is a huge downside, if you happen to not have dismounts you're SOL. As a bradley gunner I have the ability to get off two two TOW rockets before your exit ramp hits the ground. The Bradley has a proven track record of punching up and wreaking havoc on the battlefield (more kills than the Abrams in desert storm). But those things sure look awesome! especially covered in mud.

Source: me, a bradley gunner, and wikipedia.

Edited by SSgt Derr

46 minutes ago, SSgt Derr said:

Your bit on the CV90s being able to go force on force with Bradleys   --> MAY <-- be a bit of a stretch. From what I can tell the CV90s are largely untested in any combat environment (minimal engagement in Afghanistan).  IMO the lack of ATGM capabilities is a huge downside, if you happen to not have dismounts you're SOL. As a bradley gunner I have the ability to get off two two TOW rockets before your exit ramp hits the ground. The Bradley has a proven track record of punching up and wreaking havoc on the battlefield (more kills than the Abrams in desert storm). But those things sure look awesome! especially covered in mud.

Source: me, a bradley gunner, and wikipedia.

meanwhile in russia

BMPT-72-6.jpg

14 minutes ago, SSgt Derr said:

Fair. The lack of ATGM is due to both army doctrine and budget (or rather, lack of budget) A trail version with the RBS-56/BILL (Bofors Infantry Light and Lethal) ATGM was developed but due to the aforementioned lack of budget some of the technical difficulties could not be overcome.

As for the doctrine, it is highly defensive, the CV90 is meant to get guys into defensive positions fast, in order to have the ATGMs deployed before the enemy shows up.
Also, that 40mm is hard to argue with.

1 hour ago, MSgt Falconer said:

Fair. The lack of ATGM is due to both army doctrine and budget (or rather, lack of budget) A trail version with the RBS-56/BILL (Bofors Infantry Light and Lethal) ATGM was developed but due to the aforementioned lack of budget some of the technical difficulties could not be overcome.

As for the doctrine, it is highly defensive, the CV90 is meant to get guys into defensive positions fast, in order to have the ATGMs deployed before the enemy shows up.
Also, that 40mm is hard to argue with.

That 40mm is terrifying.