NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Maj (Ret) Whitby

Checking in

Hey folks! 

Been a bit longer than a minute but it's great to see you guys still kicking ass. Also nice to see some familiar faces. Hope everyone is keeping well and staying safe.

How is everyone? How is life treating you etc. 

• Like 5

Hey Whitby! I was just talking to Stukas the other day about how you had to sit down and teach me how to use Facebook when I took over S-5. Not sure if you even remember it at this point, but it always makes me laugh to think about how far I've come from there when it comes to marketing and whatnot.

Not sure you ever met him, but @Maj Whelan took over after Ray and Makowski as unit leader and kept us going for the last 4 or 5 years. I just recently took over in January after successfully dodging it for as long as I could lol. 

Other than that, I got married last year and that's pretty much been me.

How have you been? What have you been up to in the intervening years?

21 hours ago, Capt Hart said:

Hey Whitby! I was just talking to Stukas the other day about how you had to sit down and teach me how to use Facebook when I took over S-5. Not sure if you even remember it at this point, but it always makes me laugh to think about how far I've come from there when it comes to marketing and whatnot.

Not sure you ever met him, but @Maj Whelan took over after Ray and Makowski as unit leader and kept us going for the last 4 or 5 years. I just recently took over in January after successfully dodging it for as long as I could lol. 

Other than that, I got married last year and that's pretty much been me.

How have you been? What have you been up to in the intervening years?

Hey Bud! 

It's crazy how times have changed aye. The site looks brilliant and so do the forums. Overall I think it's the best looking Unit from the old bunch 15th, 506th (Still salty about that one) and whatever hell holes we all ended up in at some point. 

Where did Ray end up or did he drop off the radar? He's on a long list of long lost friends from the units. Sounds like it's in good hands with you my friend. I've been trying to see what the old breed are up to so good to see your name crop up. Do you guys have a roster anyway? I'd be curious to see who I recognise but it's great to see Ray & Makowski held the fort down for some time. 

Things have changed quite a bit for me, moved away from the UK to MENA and been here for the past 2 years now, Congratulations on getting married! I'm getting married in July so overall life is treating me very well other than aging by the minute it seems. I like to log into the 15th every year or so and see the lay of the land, not entirely sure why considering I don't think I'll touch ArmA again but definitely miss the friendships these places kindle and I actually saw a video Stukas put up on YouTube this morning and clicked on it and thought I saw familiar names and realised I haven't come in and seen you boys for a minute. 

My wild video names are working!

ps. you should see the ones Hart is putting up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SSgt Stukas said:

My wild video names are working!

ps. you should see the ones Hart is putting up

Didn't add to the end, shoot me a link I'll check them out. 

22 hours ago, Maj (Ret) Whitby said:

The site looks brilliant and so do the forums. Overall I think it's the best looking Unit from the old bunch 15th, 506th (Still salty about that one) and whatever hell holes we all ended up in at some point. 

Where did Ray end up or did he drop off the radar? He's on a long list of long lost friends from the units. Sounds like it's in good hands with you my friend. I've been trying to see what the old breed are up to so good to see your name crop up. Do you guys have a roster anyway? I'd be curious to see who I recognise but it's great to see Ray & Makowski held the fort down for some time. 

Things have changed quite a bit for me, moved away from the UK to MENA and been here for the past 2 years now, Congratulations on getting married! I'm getting married in July so overall life is treating me very well other than aging by the minute it seems.

Hey thank you! I built the website end of last year. It was a pain in my ass but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I could totally be wrong, you'd probably have a better sense than I would, but I feel like this is still the main place for the majority of people (who are still doing arma) from the 506th exodus.

Ray was the unit leader for a bit, then took H&S officer for Mako's tenure. To date he's without a doubt the hardest worker we've ever had in the unit. He retired to focus on doing crap in his actual life rather than burning all his time and energy here. But he's kept in touch. He's actually on the unit's discord if you felt like popping in and saying hi, or stealing some of his excelent memes.

https://discord.gg/3dmrb

I think you're retired permissions should give you access to the master roster which I've droped the forum link to below. Let me know if you can't see that and I'll shoot you a PM so you can take a look.

Congrats to you on the upcoming wedding then! I hope that it goes as well for you as it did for me.

MENA is an interesting area of the world to choose. What brought you there? Work or something else?

22 hours ago, Maj (Ret) Whitby said:

Not entirely sure why considering I don't think I'll touch ArmA again but definitely miss the friendships these places kindle and I actually saw a video Stukas put up on YouTube this morning and clicked on it and thought I saw familiar names and realised I haven't come in and seen you boys for a minute. 

Yeah I feel like the community aspect his hard to beat even when ArmA itself looses its shine. Most of our community component, both for active and retired members, has shifted over to discord in order to keep up with the times (and the damn youths lol) Its why the forums look comparativly barren nowadays. That said, we've got an old-folks home on the discord exclusively for us old farts to get together and complain about how things were better back in the TS days and so on. I'm sure you'd recognize a bunch of faces there so you're more than welcome to stop in and say hi if you'd like.

To stukas' point this is the video I released yesterday

6 minutes ago, Capt Hart said:

Hey thank you! I built the website end of last year. It was a pain in my ass but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I could totally be wrong, you'd probably have a better sense than I would, but I feel like this is still the main place for the majority of people (who are still doing arma) from the 506th exodus.

Ray was the unit leader for a bit, then took H&S officer for Mako's tenure. To date he's without a doubt the hardest worker we've ever had in the unit. He retired to focus on doing crap in his actual life rather than burning all his time and energy here. But he's kept in touch. He's actually on the unit's discord if you felt like popping in and saying hi, or stealing some of his excelent memes.

https://discord.gg/3dmrb

I think you're retired permissions should give you access to the master roster which I've droped the forum link to below. Let me know if you can't see that and I'll shoot you a PM so you can take a look.

Congrats to you on the upcoming wedding then! I hope that it goes as well for you as it did for me.

MENA is an interesting area of the world to choose. What brought you there? Work or something else?

Yeah I feel like the community aspect his hard to beat even when ArmA itself looses its shine. Most of our community component, both for active and retired members, has shifted over to discord in order to keep up with the times (and the damn youths lol) Its why the forums look comparativly barren nowadays. That said, we've got an old-folks home on the discord exclusively for us old farts to get together and complain about how things were better back in the TS days and so on. I'm sure you'd recognize a bunch of faces there so you're more than welcome to stop in and say hi if you'd like.

To stukas' point this is the video I released yesterday

That's brilliant, I can't see the link apparently. I might not have my old CS permissions. 

Moved here for work and to get away from the terrible British weather. It's definitely been an exciting part of the world to live for sure. But I'm enjoying it. Suns out everyday, moneys good and I've got a pool so I can't complain at all. 

I'll hop over on Discord and say a hello. It's funny you mention TS I installed it yesterday to talk to Dale he's still kicking about in the ArmAverse. First time I'd been on it for probably 4 years now. 

But super proud of you guys here. I'm glad you're running, I'm glad Ray and Mako were running and it's why you guys are on your feet and fighting. Keep up the work on it. 

I'll most likely be sitting in the old folks home in the corner on my rocking chair, I'll see you over on Discord. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maj (Ret) Whitby said:

Dale

Holy shit there's a name I haven't heard in a while lol

Congratulations on the marriage Whitby! Glad to hear things are looking good. Whereabouts are you? MENA is a pretty big region. Any recommendations for tourist/vacation destinations?

I retired from the unit years ago and just rejoined a couple weeks ago after seeing one of Harts' videos (the one with the oil platform - so good). Transferred from aviation to JTAC and really having a blast (sometimes literally) so far.

As far as IRL goes I finished my bachelors degree and got a corporate job in a completely unrelated field (apparently history/philosophy isn't applicable to most jobs - who knew! :P). Been working my way up the corporate ladder to some effect though. After the last 3 years focussing on work - I'm now trying to focus back on the more important parts of life like friends and family - also part of the reason I'm back. Also looking at travelling more, now that my paycheck allows for it  - hence my question above.

• Like 1