NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt (Ret) Bazarnicki

Escape from Tarkov

We've had posts about this game both back at the 506th and the old 13th forums, but I wanted to open current discussions.

It seems like the devs are ramping up to Beta, removing some users from NDA, so a few popular youtubers have released some gameplay videos (as well as done some streams) and it looks like its shaping up to be a fun game...

Anyone else excited for this? I'll probably get it closer to a beta (because I don't think I want to drop $140 on buggy alpha testing).

It's beautiful in all ways (the sounds are hauntingly realistic) but the pricing is whack.  $50 for a regular copy is fine but you gotta REALLY want it to spend from $78 - $144 on Alpha/Beta access.   I'll be over here napping under a tree, wake me when it's released (at a normal price). 

While the graphics and sound department are nice (so far), I'm more curious how they'll end up developing the game world overall. Open world. Larger level with loading in zones, etc. i like the realistic damage looking model. Providing what we've seen so far, is a damage model that will apply across NPC and PC's. 

1 hour ago, SSgt Lyon said:

It's beautiful in all ways (the sounds are hauntingly realistic) but the pricing is whack.  $50 for a regular copy is fine but you gotta REALLY want it to spend from $78 - $144 on Alpha/Beta access.   I'll be over here napping under a tree, wake me when it's released (at a normal price). 

Well the base version has guaranteed Closed Beta access, which isn't bad cause its basically just preorder price I guess.

The rest is apparently a % chance at Alpha. I think I read that each tier was 25% / 50% / 100% or something silly.

Still I await more footage to watch. Hope Beta is soon otherwise I'm going to forget about it and lose hype.

Guest Cpl Rougthvedt

I got the game, way back. I can confirm that the game looks beautiful. And the damage system is like we have it here in the 3D, you hit them in the leg and there leg needs to be looked at. You get splinter, bandages that are the same to the quik-clot. But it is still HP bar based. So you need a med pack or kit to bring your health back up.

There are also the need for water and food in the game as well. So it would look like they are maybe in the works of what Nelson mentioned of open world. But so far it is limit open world. There are places for you to explore, as most of you have seen in the vids posted about gameplay.

This game looks so beautiful... if it turns out okay I might buy it then, im kinda scared of early access games (very bad experiences)

19 minutes ago, LCpl Baker said:

This game looks so beautiful... if it turns out okay I might buy it then, im kinda scared of early access games (very bad experiences)

Same with me on that. I'm staying clear till its done. Looks fun, but survival and early access in the same game description triggers me. 
Plus the extortionate price their asking to just test the game is not a good sign. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Cpl Rougthvedt
3 hours ago, Maj Whitby said:

Same with me on that. I'm staying clear till its done. Looks fun, but survival and early access in the same game description triggers me. 
Plus the extortionate price their asking to just test the game is not a good sign. 

I agree with you fully here. They are asking for a lot, as I said, I got in early, I was in the first wave of this game as I had gotten my self the most expansive pack when they was offering it. But the amount of work they have put in is astounding. They use real guns for sounds and they get there hands on the real things, some guns maybe a bit rare to the outside of Russia. Like the VSS and AS VAL. And the weapon customization is putting Arma to shame

I'm on the fence about getting the Alpha. I've watched a lot of videos and it looks pretty fun, but unless I have someone to party with I'd rather wait a bit really.

So if anyone else wants to double down with me, lemme know.

Guest Cpl Rougthvedt

For everyone who is interested in this game, just wait it out.The game concept is not new, but it's very well executed. But there is a few things to keep in mind, like the fact the only way to get gear is in PVP Raid, and if you die, you lose everything you have on you, along with the major desync that is going on at the moment and some small reports of hackers, but there is a major argument it's just desync all around. Not sure where I stand with that as I also hear there are some game mechanic abuse as well in play, the example is that you have a med pack and bind it to a key and then just spam it while in combat to 'insta' refile your health.

So in my opinion as it stands, do not get this game, wait it out and see how it looks after that. It's still too early in development to be worth anything to throw your money at, unless you got a healthy amount of money you want to throw away and this game is on your radar.

Bumping this because I want to buy it and seeing if anyone else plays

Edited by Sgt Cole

So what's the consensus on the playable portion of the game so far? I haven't seen much in the way of positive or negative about it.

25 minutes ago, Capt Ray said:

So what's the consensus on the playable portion of the game so far? I haven't seen much in the way of positive or negative about it.

Fun, pretty addictive game play. Idea is actually kind of a novel take on loot/survival games. Gunplay feels fluid.

There's a fair crop of glitches and connection issues but overall I'm happy I own the game 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Cole said:

Fun, pretty addictive game play. Idea is actually kind of a novel take on loot/survival games. Gunplay feels fluid.

There's a fair crop of glitches and connection issues but overall I'm happy I own the game 

The inventory system -- does it actually work as advertised? Because I feel like that's what ArmA's inventory system would work like if designed by someone competent.

3 hours ago, Capt Ray said:

The inventory system -- does it actually work as advertised? Because I feel like that's what ArmA's inventory system would work like if designed by someone competent.

I really don't have much stuff, but I assume you mean weapon customization?

There's certain things you can modify in field (suppressors, certain optics) and other stuff you do in the main menu. If you have a rail with three sides, and three flashlights, you can put a flashlight on each rail. Have a magnifying optic with a small rail on top? Pop an RDS on it.

I'm sure there's certain restrictions (and there's certainly the restriction of you have to actually find/buy these things). I like having a few bullshit guns (ak74u's and MR133 shotguns) and then I have a high speed AK and a nice semi auto shotgun with a modified tube for lots of shells.

But if I go in a raid with my modded AK and die - if someone loots my body and takes it? It's gone and all that hardwork is gone with it.

It's a really tough trade off and really makes you think deeply about what is fun? Kitting out and being potentially the deadliest force in the raid? Or are you more or less equal from some guy with a Makarov and a hatchet charging you when you're not paying attention? 

56 minutes ago, LCpl McKnight said:

All versions of EFT are 25% off from 23 Nov to 25 Nov for Black Friday. It begins 1900 MSK, but I have no idea what time that is in the free world.

it's 8 hours ahead of EST

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this