NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
LCpl (Ret) McKnight

Dark Business Fun Op (2 DECEMBER)

It was a blast! @CW3 Whelan and I will work together on a small template for this that will reduce waiting time etc. What maps do you guys want?

I'd throw Tanoa in there as hard mode just because Tanoa at night is challenging as fuck

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CW3 Carrera said:

i can see Stratis and Cherno being good options, Altis may be a bit to big.

yeah stratis would def work. I think we need maps that are a mix between small enough to where you don't have to drive / fly for forty minutes to get to your destination, but large enough to where a meeting can occur without being buzzed by a helicopter within two minutes

A little update on templates:

1. It's PVP, so it may or may not have insta-death on
  2. Basic Medical instead of Advanced - what do you guys think about this?
  3. Blufor is capped at 4, we thought of a ratio of 1 BLUFOR for every 4-5 OPFOR (not GREENFOR)
  4. Darker maps, but we offset this by limiting tech at BLUFOR level. They get the monocular NVG only (no fullscreen), and any camera etc. like NVG or TI is disabled on helos. In addition this forces OPFOR and GREENFOR to use lights and cities.
  5. GREENFOR gets a couple of vics so they can mix things up - that means they can have multiple vics with the "hostage" going around to distract BLUFOR for instance
  6. We'll try to add random air and ground traffic going around to add even more confusion for BLUFOR

1 hour ago, Capt Koch said:

A little update on templates:

1. It's PVP, so it may or may not have insta-death on
  2. Basic Medical instead of Advanced - what do you guys think about this?
  3. Blufor is capped at 4, we thought of a ratio of 1 BLUFOR for every 4-5 OPFOR (not GREENFOR)
  4. Darker maps, but we offset this by limiting tech at BLUFOR level. They get the monocular NVG only (no fullscreen), and any camera etc. like NVG or TI is disabled on helos. In addition this forces OPFOR and GREENFOR to use lights and cities.
  5. GREENFOR gets a couple of vics so they can mix things up - that means they can have multiple vics with the "hostage" going around to distract BLUFOR for instance
  6. We'll try to add random air and ground traffic going around to add even more confusion for BLUFOR

All of that sounds great to me. 1 blu per 4-5 opfor sounds pretty fair to me because of the obvious advantages in blu's favor. The air & ground traffic would definitely be a great addition too, I couldn't figure out how to get it worked out. I'm 100% with everything you said.

2 hours ago, Capt Koch said:

I definitely agree on Cherno; we could also use Sahrani North?

Sahrani North sounds good, plus that nostalgia of ArmA 1 is 10/10. By Cherno do you mean Chernarus or the city of Cherno within Chernarus?

By the way, I'm way too damn happy about y'all doing this template. Shit will be awesome.

Edited by LCpl McKnight

3 hours ago, Capt Koch said:
  • It's PVP, so it may or may not have insta-death on
  • Basic Medical instead of Advanced - what do you guys think about this?
  • Blufor is capped at 4, we thought of a ratio of 1 BLUFOR for every 4-5 OPFOR (not GREENFOR)
  • Darker maps, but we offset this by limiting tech at BLUFOR level. They get the monocular NVG only (no fullscreen), and any camera etc. like NVG or TI is disabled on helos. In addition this forces OPFOR and GREENFOR to use lights and cities.
  • GREENFOR gets a couple of vics so they can mix things up - that means they can have multiple vics with the "hostage" going around to distract BLUFOR for instance

+1

3 hours ago, Capt Koch said:

We'll try to add random air and ground traffic going around to add even more confusion for BLUFOR

-1 I dont know that seems a bit over kill..

also not being able to see the other teams base locations would be a great thing

adding a small civi prop plane for greenfor? And Russians not having TOW missiles like they had in the second game.

The reason the cars/air traffic is a thing is so BLUFOR doesn't immediately move in on every single truck, and everyone doesn't immediately shoot helicopters, pretty much. Gives everyone a fair chance, and BLUFOR has to figure out which trucks are actually the target.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, imo the civvie traffic would be good. It doesn’t have to be overkill, just some traffic that requires distuingishing between civilian traffic and actual bad dudes

I'm +1 on all, though it would be cool if the Zeus operator can give us an intel update every 10 minutes like a satellite pass by in case we lose the trail for BLUFOR. Sure, the tech is nice, but since we are so few, and GreenFor and RedFor have nothing to fight each other about, it makes it difficult to execute anything CQB, especially if everyone knows BLUfor is coming. We basically have to be very clever with everything we have.

Its a learning experience for sure, and I am certain that if we play more, we will find more cunning and interesting ways to outsmart and kill each other.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, WO1 Carrendar said:

I'm +1 on all, though it would be cool if the Zeus operator can give us an intel update every 10 minutes like a satellite pass by in case we lose the trail for BLUFOR. Sure, the tech is nice, but since we are so few, and GreenFor and RedFor have nothing to fight each other about, it makes it difficult to execute anything CQB, especially if everyone knows BLUfor is coming. We basically have to be very clever with everything we have.

Its a learning experience for sure, and I am certain that if we play more, we will find more cunning and interesting ways to outsmart and kill each other.

I don't know bro, what I personally like about DB is that everything that happens is because of the participants' actions, so if blu loses the trail they're SOL unless they can pick it up again. I didn't play blu this time around, only red and green. It's pretty tense wondering if and when blu will come knocking down doors and whatnot amidst negotiations between red and green. 

8 minutes ago, LCpl McKnight said:

I don't know bro, what I personally like about DB is that everything that happens is because of the participants' actions, so if blu loses the trail they're SOL unless they can pick it up again. I didn't play blu this time around, only red and green. It's pretty tense wondering if and when blu will come knocking down doors and whatnot amidst negotiations between red and green. 

Very valid point there. I think with more games, we will find ways to strategize.

Sign in to follow this