NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Koch

01JAN18 8PM EST - Koch Fun Op - Zombie Night

zombie op  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. date

2. 2. time

Hey guys,

Gonna be doing a small zombie fun op. No huge backstory, we'll just be there and there'll be zombies. Two teams to pick from, and there'll be set loadouts for this one + some rules. It's going to be a somewhat hardcore mission, and I hope people will still have fun.

BLUFOR/good guys

Pilot/Supporting role: CW4 Whelan

Team Lead: Capt Koch

Operator: 1stLt Derr

Operator: GySgt Cole

Operator: SSgt Kozak

Operator: Cpl Cooper

Operator: Cpl Carter

Medic: 2ndLt Kardnal (tentative)

Survivors (everyone gets a gun of some kind)

Marine: Sgt C. Chan / 15th MEU

Marine: LCpl Turk

Paramedic: LCpl McKnight

Police Officer: Sgt Jones

Police Officer: Cpl Seixeiro

Hunter: Cpl Gwynne

Civi: SSgt Edwards

Civi: SSgt Street

Civi: Capt Ray

Civi: Capt Makowski

Civi: 1stLt Pepperman

Objective

The BLUFOR team is going in to try and find the Survivors and rescue them, and summarily getting them off the island. There will be zombies, there may be a few russians (maybe), and it's going to be fairly dark. Survivors will have a few headlamps to share in between themselves in the beginning, and the rest of their equipment they will have to find by scavenging.

As stated, some of the survivors will have a starting loadout of some kind.

Sign up and post whether you'd prefer a weekday or weekend please - my plan is to do this the first week after new years, or the weekend just after new years. Some of our friends from the 15thMEU may be joining, hence the reserved Marine slots. If there is popular demand, I will add more slots. We're not locked in on this "few" slots.

I'm sadly not very smart and wrote JUN instead of JAN in the poll - I don't mean June, I mean January

makowski fixed

Note: this will be a bit more restrictive than we're used to, it will be locked to first person. This is simply because we're fighting an opponent that has no chance at killing us if we're in third person and can see around every obstacle - they have to be close and personal to have a chance to kill us.

We're going to be using the new ACE Night Vision to give it a test - but it's not representative of what we'll have in our future mod pack when we include the new ACE release properly.

We will be using ACRE2 to test it in the "field" and see how we'll do with more people rather than the limited test we've had so far. I did a simple playtest tonight to see how the zombies performed, and we tested ACRE2 at the same time, and identified one issue I'll hopefully have fixed for the operation.

Lastly: if you die, you die. You'll be thrown into spectator and can still hear directional audio (so direct speech), which means you can watch your friends die, too, if we get swarmed by a horde we can't manage. In addition, I'm not forcing a narrative for survivors. If they want to shoot BLUFOR and take their stuff, that's fair. That's life in a zombie apocalypse. BLUFOR will not be opening fire on the survivors unless they're returning fire, however.

Just a few notes!

• Like 1

I'll take a civi role prefered

Gimme gimme, cz550 tendy

Edit: We can do it new years day(preferably) I sadly will be out of town 4-6'th of January :)

Edited by 1stLt Pepperman
  • Like 1

Gave you Civi, no promises on the gun! For anyone on the survivor side: I am flexible on the roles if you want something different, but I'll be deciding what you start with in your loadout, and said loadout will be a surprise.

• Like 1

Everyone who has asked so far has been slotted. This will be on 01JAN18, most likely at 2000. If you can't do that time - let me know and I'll put you as tentative on the roster just in case, that way you don't necessarily lose your slot.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this