NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
Zietara

Help with FOB(s)

I always felt that MSOT HQ should have been given an object budget to make their COPs seem lived in. I made an SQF for Ranchhand that Included crates of water bottles, an aid station, a briefing area, some beach chairs/umbrellas, a small mechanics area, and most importantly a few American flags strapped to things like the roadsigns or hanging from the boat shelter. It only really equated to about 100 objects when it was saturated. Could have been cut down easily to about 40 and still seem really active and alive.

• Upvote 1

That's all she wrote. I present the final edit: https://imgur.com/gallery/kQ4XrnL

A big thank you to everyone that assisted and encouraged me, especially those that provided much-needed constructive criticism. Here's hoping to it being accepted (and my hopes and dreams not being crushed because that's what will happen.) 

On 7/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, Capt Kardnal said:

I always felt that MSOT HQ should have been given an object budget to make their COPs seem lived in. I made an SQF for Ranchhand that Included crates of water bottles, an aid station, a briefing area, some beach chairs/umbrellas, a small mechanics area, and most importantly a few American flags strapped to things like the roadsigns or hanging from the boat shelter. It only really equated to about 100 objects when it was saturated. Could have been cut down easily to about 40 and still seem really active and alive.

The workaround for that, sir, was to make a large chunk of the items 'simple objects'. Drastically cuts down on the performance hit with the clutter while allowing me to add it. But that was a major concern of mine, LT, which is why I tested the map thoroughly with complex AI and plenty of different things going on.

Edited by LCpl Zietara

Sign in to follow this