NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Sign in to follow this  
MSgt Falconer

Marine Raiders don’t want any M27s

Maybe I dont understand what the IAR is supposed to have that's all new and fangled, but the idea of replacing an m249 with an M4 ish Platform with 30 round mags seems to me like someone at the top really doesn't understand what the purpose of a SAW is.

The M27 in terms of an AR platform uses a 100 round drum, the thought process behind replacing the M249 with the M27 is that the AR is less of an obvious target for enemy fire, and is overall lighter to increase mobility. 

Downside its not a 249 :P

• Thanks 1

There were a multitude of thoughts behind it. Weight, price, accuracy, and even a backdoor into eventually replacing the standard rifle with the m27 due to the piston being supposedly a more reliable system. The plan has even evolved to every marine having the m27 now and the saw would remain at a company level. At the end of the day there have even been claims it was an underhanded attempt at getting a version of the 416 into standard arms rooms. 

Im sure the USMC has a tsunami of valid reasons for going with the M27, after all, they fight wars, we dont, so lets not judge. However does this warrant a removal of the M27s currently in our arsenal box? Would it also warrant the removal of all 416 pattern rifles from the box, leaving us with the Mk18s and Block II M4s? Or would we keep those weapons as part of the Task Force Cobra arsenal? @Capt Hart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, MSgt Falconer said:

Im sure the USMC has a tsunami of valid reasons for going with the M27, after all, they fight wars, we dont, so lets not judge. However does this warrant a removal of the M27s currently in our arsenal box? Would it also warrant the removal of all 416 pattern rifles from the box, leaving us with the Mk18s and Block II M4s? Or would we keep those weapons as part of the Task Force Cobra arsenal? @Capt Hart

Hahaha fair point. To the removal from boxes idk. I just try and make decent reasons for having stuff based on CS, Company and S-4. Policy says we try to equip ourselves according to currently known MARSOC standards so I suppose it would be CS or company that could decide. That said, personally I dont think it's that big a deal and if we have multicam and AOR 1 in the box then 416s seem fine to me. It is definitely more than feasible to keep them as part of the Task Force Cobra arsenal either way. 

But if we do keep the M27 I would like to see that 100 round drum that Speirs mentioned.

4 hours ago, Capt Hart said:

Hahaha fair point. To the removal from boxes idk. I just try and make decent reasons for having stuff based on CS, Company and S-4. Policy says we try to equip ourselves according to currently known MARSOC standards so I suppose it would be CS or company that could decide. That said, personally I dont think it's that big a deal and if we have multicam and AOR 1 in the box then 416s seem fine to me. It is definitely more than feasible to keep them as part of the Task Force Cobra arsenal either way. 

But if we do keep the M27 I would like to see that 100 round drum that Speirs mentioned.

Personally I'd keep it and the other 416 pattern rifles in and just say its from the Task Force Cobra armory, a joint SF venture like that would (probably) be quite well funded, especially if the CIA are involved.

The 100 Round mags are an RHS item and they do fit all the 5.56 RHS and NIArms weapons, so if we include it we are gonna have to keep and eye on people who run the regular carbines and SBRs so they dont just stuff a backpack full of 100 Round drum mags.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MSgt Falconer said:

The 100 Round mags are an RHS item and they do fit all the 5.56 RHS and NIArms weapons, so if we include it we are gonna have to keep and eye on people who run the regular carbines and SBRs so they dont just stuff a backpack full of 100 Round drum mags.

Hmmmm yeah that would be more problematic than helpful I think. I bet it would be possible to just copy the mag as is but replace the texture with a drum mag... I would have to do a fair amount of research to figure out actually how though. 

EDIT: your comments made me think they just look like a regular mag but with 100 rnds. If that's not the case then disregard the above as if there's a physical difference it shouldn't be too hard to police

17 hours ago, Capt Hart said:

Hmmmm yeah that would be more problematic than helpful I think. I bet it would be possible to just copy the mag as is but replace the texture with a drum mag... I would have to do a fair amount of research to figure out actually how though. 

EDIT: your comments made me think they just look like a regular mag but with 100 rnds. If that's not the case then disregard the above as if there's a physical difference it shouldn't be too hard to police

The 100rnd mags have their own in game model so its easy to see if they have it or a regular mag in the gun. Its what they might stuff in their inventory that might be problematic.

• Like 1

I mean trust goes both ways, and so far everyone is trusted not to be stupid and it works out 95% of the time

12 hours ago, HM3 Speirs said:

I mean trust goes both ways, and so far everyone is trusted not to be stupid and it works out 95% of the time

*Coughs in painkiller boxes*

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Capt Hart said:

*Coughs in painkiller boxes*

why I gave the 5%, everyone is usually fantastic but ya know, sometimes the stupid wins once and a while

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this