NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Capt Koch

Fun "campaign"

Anyone interested in a persistent campaign during WSD when it starts? Might be conventional, might be what we already do, might be World War Z. Going to be using it as a testing arena for ACRE2 as well, so beware of that.

Interested:

1stLt Koch

GySgt Cole

HM2 Williams

Capt Makowski

Capt Whelan

SSgt Derr

LCpl Johnson

LCpl Jones

LCpl Reed

LCpl M. Edwards

SSgt Kozak

2ndLt(T) Jennings

SSgt Edwards

LCpl Gwynne

2ndLt(T) Pepperman

• Upvote 6

I'm pretty happy with the interest so far, but it'd be even cooler if we had closer to a full team. =) It'll be playable without a full team, though!

Wow, this got a fair amount of interests.. I'll try to whip up the campaign background, the team roster etc to get it all rolling. Aviation guys: I may not have too much for you guys to do, sorry.. Hope you're OK with infantry.

It's likely I will be on the ground as well with you guys, either as an attaché of some sort, or as a team lead. Since Capt Makowski signed up, I'm likely to give him team lead. If he wants to team lead, that is! If so, I'll find a custom ground role for me that gives me an excuse to tag along, it won't require much (if any) Zeusing mid-op.

Thanks for the interest so far, guys! There won't be many downloads, I've tried to kept the total size to a minimum. It's mostly just a stripped version of our modpack (there will be an error or two because of this, but that's OK), ACRE2, a map and a Zombs mod. Zombies won't be our primary focus, but they'll be an element. Story will be roughly based on something similar to World War Z, but it will all be laid out in the background I write up. I'll write it up soon, hopefully you guys won't lose interest over my poor writing.

Hopefully I'll have some teasers from the map out soon, too, and @Capt Whelan and I may make a short video to set the mood!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2ndLt(T) Pepperman said:

Very interested, only concern is ACRE2 has never been kind to me :(

We will do a mod test sometime and make sure it works :)

19 minutes ago, LCpl Johnson said:

I'd like to see how ACRE2 is now it used to be complete trash 

Which is why we want to test it

So! My plan is as follows: in not too long, I'm hoping to do a little prequel to this prior to WSD, just to give you guys an idea of what it will be about. In said prequel, we will not be playing our U.S. forces that will be present in the main campaign, but rather a different force.

Are you guys up for something like that? It'll be a mod test, server stability test and a little introduction to what happened and why the factions in the main campaign are present.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1