NEWS
  • In Universe Dateline: Febuary 14th 2023
  • Tensions rise in South Africa after no clear winner in Presidential election
  • Bomb in Tehran café kills three IRGC members, separatists suspected
  • Dominican Republic government on verge of collapse as gang violence escalates in Santa Domingo
  • Russia claims successful test of nuclear-powered cruise missile, experts remain skeptical
  • Man claims he was acting under Taylor Swift's secret orders after being arrested at NATO summit
  • Livonia detains 12 over suspected coup attempt
  • Sahrani troops disperse protest with gunfire, 8 reported dead
  • Hurricane rips through Florida Cemetery; Hundreds reported Dead
  • THESE HEADLINES ARE WORKS OF FICTION INTENDED TO SUPPORT THE STORYLINES OF THE 3d MRB REALISM UNIT
Capt (Ret) Dale

You've been operating too long when...

When you fill in for an operation and start hearing chatter about a CSO being kidnapped, and instead of thinking "Oh shit", the first words to come out of you are "Not again" or "Glad it wasnt me this time"

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Capt Kardnal said:

When you fill in for an operation and start hearing chatter about a CSO being kidnapped, and instead of thinking "Oh shit", the first words to come out of you are "Not again" or "Glad it wasnt me this time"

Ugh.... i can't believe this happened again 

I mean you know you have been operating to long when you start talking military lingo to your co workers and you work at a call center!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GySgt Tullo said:

I mean you know you have been operating to long when you start talking military lingo to your co workers and you work at a call center!

Can relate. We use handheld radios at my job. The oldest tech here is a Vietnam veteran. He and I use military prowords all the time. We're considering implementing callsigns.

I blame ArmA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

Can relate. We use handheld radios at my job. The oldest tech here is a Vietnam veteran. He and I use military prowords all the time. We're considering implementing callsigns.

I blame ArmA.

You MUST be Rayzor.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

You know you been operating too long... when you get pinned a higher rank then you are in the ACTUAL military and your extremely happy about this... -_-;

Edited by HM2 (FMF) Rivera
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:09 PM, HM2 (FMF) Rivera said:

You know you been operating too long... when you get pinned a higher rank then you are in the ACTUAL military and your extremely happy about this... -_-;

My guy... E-4 IRL... O-4 here. I wish I could swap.

• Haha 1

You know it's been too long when your ribbon rack looks equal to that of a GySgt IRL.

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:21 AM, GySgt Specter said:

You know it's been too long when your ribbon rack looks equal to that of a GySgt IRL.

Weird flex but ok

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

When this forgotten, but once entertaining, thread only gets used by people posting about their taco bell drinks

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

When you go from 2500 unread emails to 76 just by deleting everything from "3d Marine Raider Battalion Realism Unit" "13th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit" and "506th IR Realism Unit"

• Haha 3

When you try to find an interesting place on a vanilla map to have a mission that you haven't used before - and can't.

Edited by 1stLt (Ret) Cole
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

When you've been semi-retired since February 2017, Battalion level command was decommissioned who knows how long ago and you just got back from a 7 month world cruise 3 days ago, but you're still CMDCM...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

...when the first thing you do after being discharged from military service, is to check the milsim you used to play in, if any of your old buds are still around.

I am glad so many of you bastards are still around, but how the hell did Specter make GySgt and LaPrade Major?! That's some scary s*** in really weird and funny way. 😘

@SSgt McCelvy, @Capt (Ret) Marsden, @GySgt (Ret) Specter , @Maj (Ret) LaPrade, @Capt (Ret) Richardson @Capt Hall @SSgt (Ret) Anderson

Edited by Cpl (Ret) Brickus
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1